Stephen Hawking has a beautiful mind, and in the first trailer for The Theory of Everything, Eddie Redmayne stars as the superstar scientist before, during, and after he’s stricken with his debilitating illness. Like Ron Howard’s Oscar-winning movie about mathematician John Nash, director James Marsh (Man on Wire) focuses on the love story that keeps Hawking going.
Tag: Felicity Jones (1-6 of 6)
• Felicity Jones (Like Crazy) and Nicholas Hoult (Warm Bodies) will play an American couple on the run from two criminals (Anthony Hopkins and Ben Kingsley) in Autobahn. Joel Silver is producing the action-thriller which begins production next week. Evan Creevy (Welcome To The Punch) will direct. [THR] READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Lupita Nyong'o, Scarlett Johansson in talks to star in 'The Jungle Book'; Plus, Zooey Deschanel, more
• 12 Years A Slave Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o and The Avengers‘s Scarlett Johansson are both in talks to lend their voices to Disney’s upcoming live-action/CG adaption of The Jungle Book. Nyong’o is currently in talks to play Rakcha, the mother wolf who adopts Mowgli, while Johansson is in early negotiations to lend her voice to the character of Kaa, a python who eats its victims by hypnotizing them. Iron Man‘s Jon Favreau is set to direct the film based on the classic novel by Rudyard Kipling which will also star Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom‘s Idris Elba as the voice of Shere Khan the tiger. [The Hollywood Reporter]
READ FULL STORY
The last time Felicity Jones played a British exchange student, hearts were broken in Like Crazy, the bittersweet 2011 indie romance that won her a special acting prize at the Sundance Film Festival. In Breathe In, another Sundance movie from Like Crazy director Drake Doremus, Jones plays another British exchange student who falls in love with an American. But this tale is much darker and more complex.
Jones plays a piano prodigy named Sophie who comes to America to experience the thrills of New York. Her host family, however, lives in upstate New York, far away from the bright lights and excitement. The doldrums of suburban life are broken when she forms a deep connection with the married man of the house (Guy Pearce), a high-school music teacher whose dreams of playing in an elite orchestra are no longer encouraged by his wife (Amy Ryan). What starts as a shared passion blooms into something more dangerous that threatens all the characters’ well-being and sense of identity.
The movie premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2013 and opens in theaters this Friday, March 28. Click below for an exclusive video from the film and a chat with Jones.
• Anna Kendrick (Up in the Air) is in talks to play Cinderella in Disney’s adaptation of the musical Into the Woods, not to be confused with Disney’s live-action adaptation of Cinderella. That version of the glass-slippered heroine will be played by Lily James. In Into the Woods, Kendrick would be part of a larger ensemble and paired with a prince played by Chris Pine (Star Trek Into Darkness). Kendrick showed off her singing skills on film in 2012’s Pitch Perfect, but has been performing in musicals since she was a child. [THR]
Casting Net: Sean Bean teams up with the Wachowskis; Plus Paul Walker is 'Agent 47', Felicity Jones, Morena Baccarin, and more
• Sean Bean (Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings) has signed on to star in Lana and Andy Wachowski’s next film, Jupiter Ascending as “a Han Solo-type.” The English actor will join Channing Tatum, Mila Kunis, and Eddie Redmayne in the film, reportedly about galaxies, a bounty hunter, a toilet-scrubbing Russian immigrant (Kunis), and DNA. [Deadline]
• [UPDATED] Paul Walker (The Fast and the Furious) has been tapped to star as the cloned super-assassin Agent 47 in a reboot of 2007’s Hitman. Skip Woods, who wrote the screenplay for Hitman (based on the video game), will be responsible for writing this film as well. Commercial director Aleksander Bach is set to direct Agent 47, which will shoot this summer in Berlin and Singapore. [Deadline]
• [UPDATED] Michael Keaton has been confirmed to join the new DreamWorks film, Need for Speed alongside Aaron Paul, Kid Cudi, and Dominic Cooper. Based on the video game of the same name, the film follows a street racer forced to go on the run. Keaton “will play the reclusive and eccentric host of an underground supercar race where he invites the best drivers from around the world.” [THR]
• Like Crazy actress Felicity Jones will join James Franco and Jonah Hill in True Story, an adaptation of New York Times Magazine contributor Michael Finkel’s memoir – a strange In Cold Blood-style tale. After being fired from the magazine for creating a false, composite character for a story, Finkel (Hill) begins to investigate Christian Longo (Franco), a man wanted for allegedly killing his family, who’d also taken on a new name and identity: Michael Finkel. [Deadline]
Latest Videos in Movies
- Winners and losers of Summer 2014
- 'Frozen Fever' animated short an encore for Elsa and Anna in spring 2015
- 30 Days of Binge: Take our tips to dive into 'Lost'; a 2014 hit you missed; or a TV classic that passed you by
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Angelina Jolie-Brad Pitt wedding photos debut in People
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI issues statement
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- 'Agents of SHIELD': First 30-second glimpse of season 2
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by 'The Unauthorized Saved…
- Internet grinds to halt as nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, others surface
- CeeLo Green tweets that only women who 'remember' can be raped (Updated)
- FBI issues statement on leaked nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence, others
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards