The first trailer for James Franco and Seth Rogen’s The Interview set up the pair’s government-funded trip to North Korea to assassinate Kim Jong Un. But why were the two chosen for such a mission? The film’s first red-band trailer explains why, and the answer is expectedly absurd.
Tag: Film (11-20 of 1071)
Who on earth would set a high-octane, high-body count, bulletfest of an action movie in a single room? The answer is director Joe Lynch. The filmmaker’s new film, Everly, stars Salma Hayek as a prostitute who must kill a small army of assassins sent to murder her at an apartment by a yakuza crime boss. At Christmas.
Magic Mike XXL has already begun filming, and the final cast has been slowly revealed: Matthew McConaughey is out. Andie MacDowell is in. And now, another female lead has been cast for the sequel. Amber Heard has been hired as one of the film’s new leads, EW has learned.
Details remain unknown about Heard’s character, but she joins a continually growing cast that also includes returning lead Channing Tatum for what has been described as an “on-the-road adventure.”
Heard can next be seen alongside her Friday Night Lights costar Billy Bob Thornton in London Fields, while XXL will arrive just in time for Independence Day when it hits theaters on July 3, 2015.
It is not easy to describe the Dan Stevens-starring action-comedy The Guest, which opens in theaters Thursday. You could say—and I have—that the film concerns an army veteran who inveigles his way into the bosom of a grieving family, but that description hardly does it justice, considering the tricksy, mayhem-packed ways of Stevens’ David. READ FULL STORY
Ghostbusters is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, and while the franchise’s future may be nebulous at the moment, its place in movie history is unquestionable. To honor the film’s legacy, EW‘s Kyle Ryan took a tour of New York City according to Ghostbusters with Winston Zeddemore himself, Ernie Hudson.
The Black Maria Limited Edition box set of director Tobe Hooper’s horror classic The Texas Chain Saw Massacre may not contain a kitchen sink—or, for that matter, an actual chainsaw—but this 40th anniversary four-disc DVD/Blu-ray combo pack has pretty much everything else a Leatherface lover could desire. The film itself is presented in new 4K digital transfer with a 7.1 surround sound mix supervised by Hooper itself.
“The film works as well, if not better, than it originally did,” the filmmaker told EW earlier this year. Bonus features include commentaries, making-of featurettes, and trailers while purchasers will also become the proud owner of a mini-poster and a Leatherface apron, with which you can amuse your friends (and worry your neighbors). Also, the actual box has been styled after the Black Maria which arrives at the end of the film.
Much of Interstellar may still be shrouded in mystery, but one thing is clear: Matthew McConaughey’s engineer is front and center on a venture into space to save Earth.
Fantastic Fest kicks off in Austin, Texas, on Thursday, Sept. 18, and boasts an impressive lineup of films, including the Keanu Reeves-starring hitman thriller John Wick, Kevin Smith‘s man-walrus horror fable Tusk, and the world premiere of Joe Lynch‘s action extravaganza Everly (of which, much more later in the week).
Latest Videos in Movies
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- Sarah Silverman's 'SNL' promos: Who's ready for a 'Table Girl' sketch?
- 'Interstellar' trailer takes Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway to a waterworld
- 'Parenthood' sneak peek: Julia and Joel 'have to talk about us'
- J.K. Simmons toys with Miles Teller in 'Whiplash' scene
- Jennifer Love Hewitt on 'Criminal Minds' role: 'Barney Fife to Hotch's Andy'
- Katherine Heigl's patriotically sexy 'State of Affairs' poster
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast talk 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lambs'