It is not easy to describe the Dan Stevens-starring action-comedy The Guest, which opens in theaters Thursday. You could say—and I have—that the film concerns an army veteran who inveigles his way into the bosom of a grieving family, but that description hardly does it justice, considering the tricksy, mayhem-packed ways of Stevens’ David. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Film (41-50 of 1098)
Ghostbusters is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, and while the franchise’s future may be nebulous at the moment, its place in movie history is unquestionable. To honor the film’s legacy, EW‘s Kyle Ryan took a tour of New York City according to Ghostbusters with Winston Zeddemore himself, Ernie Hudson.
The Black Maria Limited Edition box set of director Tobe Hooper’s horror classic The Texas Chain Saw Massacre may not contain a kitchen sink—or, for that matter, an actual chainsaw—but this 40th anniversary four-disc DVD/Blu-ray combo pack has pretty much everything else a Leatherface lover could desire. The film itself is presented in new 4K digital transfer with a 7.1 surround sound mix supervised by Hooper itself.
“The film works as well, if not better, than it originally did,” the filmmaker told EW earlier this year. Bonus features include commentaries, making-of featurettes, and trailers while purchasers will also become the proud owner of a mini-poster and a Leatherface apron, with which you can amuse your friends (and worry your neighbors). Also, the actual box has been styled after the Black Maria which arrives at the end of the film.
Much of Interstellar may still be shrouded in mystery, but one thing is clear: Matthew McConaughey’s engineer is front and center on a venture into space to save Earth.
Fantastic Fest kicks off in Austin, Texas, on Thursday, Sept. 18, and boasts an impressive lineup of films, including the Keanu Reeves-starring hitman thriller John Wick, Kevin Smith‘s man-walrus horror fable Tusk, and the world premiere of Joe Lynch‘s action extravaganza Everly (of which, much more later in the week).
Daniel Radcliffe has been set to play the engineer, Washington Roebling, who built the Brooklyn Bridge in the aptly titled Brooklyn Bridge for several months now. But for the film, which is inspired by the bridge’s real-life construction, key to the actual story were Roebling’s father and wife, who have now also been cast.
In the new action movie John Wick, Keanu Reeves plays an ex-hitman who comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters who have taken everything from him. The first trailer for the film just turned up on the interwebs, featuring both mucho mayhem and a lot of what we hope to be deliberately tongue-in-cheek hard-boiled-homaging dialog. Our favorite exchange? “How good’s your laundry?” “No one’s that good.”
The subject of marriages going awry is a movie staple. But the new horror film Honeymoon—which is released Friday in theatres, on demand, and on iTunes—sets a new record for a legally-recognized coupling heading south, in terms of sheer terrifying weirdness.
The debut feature from Leigh Janiak, the movie stars Rose Leslie from Game of Thrones and Harry Treadaway from Penny Dreadful as the vacationing newlyweds. Get a taste of the film’s unnerving atmosphere in the exclusive (and expletive-featuring) clip below.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL': How'd Cameron Diaz do?
- Tyler James Williams' 'Walking Dead' preview: 'We're going back to get the squad'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Stephen Merchant answers burning Q's about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (including THAT cameo)
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': A movie, or just an extended prologue for the movie yet to come?
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- Cameron Diaz hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend -- talk about it here!
- Harry Potter's Hogwarts Alums: Ranking Achievements Three Years Later
- 20 Classic Movie/TV Bikinis