The box office had to contend with the World Series, a very early snowstorm in the Northeast, and Halloween festivities across the country this weekend, but audiences still managed to make it to the movies! That being said, grosses for new releases Puss in Boots, In Time, and The Rum Diary, weren’t all that strong. Check out how they performed below: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Footloose (1-7 of 7)
A remake, a prequel, and one woefully misguided bird-watching comedy couldn’t take down Hugh Jackman and the robots of Real Steel at the box office this weekend.
Steel punched up an estimated $16.3 million this weekend, marking a healthy 40 percent drop from its $27.3 million debut. As evidenced by the film’s impressive 64 percent boost on Saturday, it appears that Real Steel is playing as an outright family affair, and that sort of appeal will help it achieve small drops in the coming weeks. Still, the $110 million Dreamworks film, which is being distributed by Disney’s Touchstone Pictures, has a very long way to go before it’s in the black. So far, Real Steel has earned $51.7 million in ten days. READ FULL STORY
Box office preview: 'Footloose', 'The Thing', and 'The Big Year' step into the ring with 'Real Steel'
Footloose takes on Real Steel at the box office this weekend, and the dancing country rebels will do their best to overcome Hugh Jackman and his boxing robot.
Also arriving in theaters is horror prequel The Thing and bird-watching comedy The Big Year, neither of which seem like major contenders. Here’s how the weekend may shake out: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Big Brother'; 'So You Think You Can Dance'; 'Top Chef Duels': TV recaps
- 'Suits' boss talks what's next for Louis and Co. after 'This Is Rome'
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter reveals how many club members will die
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
- EWwy Awards 2014 winners are...
- #DontKillSeanBean: 'Legends' star on his mastery of on-screen demise