• Sandra Bullock, who just picked up a SAG nomination for her work in Gravity, is in early talks to star in the comedy Our Brand Is Crisis for producers George Clooney and Grant Heslov. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy’s Peter Straughan wrote a script based on a 2005 documentary about the use of American political campaign techniques in the 2002 Bolivian presidential election. EW’s Entertainer of the Year is currently voicing the lead role in The Minions, set for a July 2015 release. [The Wrap]
Tag: Frank Grillo (1-2 of 2)
Casting Net: George Clooney lands Daniel Craig, Bill Murray, John Goodman for 'Monuments Men.' Plus: 'Captain America' 2 finds its Crossbones
• George Clooney: “Hi, Hollywood. It’s George. Want to be in my next movie?” Hollywood: “Sure!” That’s not really an exaggeration. Daniel Craig, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Hugh Bonneville (Downton Abbey), and Bob Balaban (Moonrise Kingdom) are all in talks to star in The Monuments Men, for which Clooney will serve as star, co-writer, and director. (Cate Blanchett and The Artist‘s Jean Dujardin entered negotiations to join the film earlier this month.) Based on the book The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History, the story follows a troop of American and British art experts who step behind enemy lines to recover the artwork stolen by the Nazis during World War II. Clooney adapted the script with regular collaborator Grant Heslov (Good Night, and Good Luck, The Ides of March). [Deadline]
• Frank Grillo (The Grey, End of Watch) will play the Marvel villain Crossbones in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. In the comics, the character was a henchman for Red Skull, and his presence in the film seems to suggest the sequel could delve into (warning: the link is a SPOILER) one of the most momentous arcs in the Captain America canon. Grillo joins Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie, Samuel L. Jackson, and Cobie Smulders. Directors Anthony and Joe Russo (NBC’s Community) are helming from script by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, who penned Marvel’s first Captain America film. [Variety]
• Jaime King (The CW’s Hart of Dixie) and Jamie Chung (Premium Rush, Sucker Punch) have signed onto Sin City 2, the sequel to Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller‘s adaptation of Miller’s noir graphic novel. King will play Wendy, the twin sister of the character she played in 2005′s Sin City, Goldie. And Chung takes over the role of the assassin Miho from Devon Aoki, who played it in the first film. Rodriguez and Miller are once again co-writing and co-directing the film, which has Mickey Rourke, Rosario Dawson, and Jessica Alba reprising their characters. [THR]
• Nia Vardalos (My Big Fat Greek Wedding) is attached to star, write, and produce an “anti-romantic comedy” entitled Leftovers, for Paramount Pictures. No other details were released. [Variety]
Casting Net: Arnold Schwarzenegger reviving Conan the Barbarian in new film. Plus: Adam Sandler, Patrick Wilson, Liv Tyler
Casting Net: Johnny Depp embracing ‘Transcendence.’ Plus: Bradley Cooper, Rhys Ifans, Katt Williams
Casting Net: Angelina Jolie’s kids Pax and Zahara join her in ‘Maleficent.’ Plus: Al Pacino, Jeremy Renner, Julianne Moore
Latest Videos in Movies
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- Kate Hudson shares her favorite 'Overboard' lines
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- 'Arrow': 'We believe in accelerated storytelling'
- 'Vikings' Comic-Con comic book: We've got the cover
- 'Sons of Anarchy' ending: Kurt Sutter says...
- Kacy Catanzaro talks 'Ninja Warrior' whirlwind
- Batman's best stories: 9 that shine
- 'Two and a Half Men' final season to tackle 'gay' adoption 629
- 'Lost cause' 410
- Captain America is black, Thor is a woman, and Iron Man has a new costume: Witness Avengers NOW! 505
- 'Doctor Who': Which episode should newbies check out first? 421
- 'Dating Naked' reveals disappointingly small ratings 285
- Robert Downey, Jr. tops Forbes' list of highest paid actors once again
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Why 'Rocky IV' is the best fight -- Ever!
- 'Sons of Anarchy' creator says series ending not yet decided
- Kacy Catanzaro would happily hit the 'American Ninja Warrior' obstacle course with Stephen Amell