For the devoted, it’s hard to watch Kyle Chander play anyone but man-among-men Coach Eric Taylor from Friday Night Lights. But in the terrific, bittersweet indie The Spectacular Now—Owen Gleiberman calls it “one of the rare truly soulful and authentic teen movies“— Chandler plays a character who’s practically the anti-coach: a deadbeat, boozy and long-absent father to Miles Teller’s character. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Friday Night Lights (1-3 of 3)
Brian Grazer recently sent Panther fans’ hearts racing when he announced that a Friday Night Lights movie was very much a possibility. When the cast reunited this weekend at the ATX Television Festival in Austin, Texas, the idea of hearing Coach Taylor rally another team on game night was on everyone’s minds. “I’d put 50/50 odds on it,” Scott Porter, who played paralyzed quarterback Jason Street, told EW. “I’m so scared we would never be able to top the show. And I wouldn’t want what we did together tarnished in any way.” READ FULL STORY
The author of the book Friday Night Lights is a vocal Mitt Romney fan, and at recent campaign appearances the Republican presidential candidate has been using the inspirational phrase from the TV adaptation: “Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.”
But that expression isn’t in the book, and Peter Berg, who directed and co-wrote the screenplay for the 2004 movie, and went on to create the 2006-2011 TV series, has released a scathing letter to Romney, telling him to cut it out.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- 'Game of Thrones' visual effects reel: Filling in Westeros' blanks
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his 'Into the Dalek' debut
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Walking Dead': Behind-the-scenes at the EW cover photo shoot
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- Jon Stewart says Hugh Grant was worst 'Daily Show' guest ever; Grant agrees
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- Norman Reedus' Personal 'Walking Dead' Photo Album
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!