For the devoted, it’s hard to watch Kyle Chander play anyone but man-among-men Coach Eric Taylor from Friday Night Lights. But in the terrific, bittersweet indie The Spectacular Now—Owen Gleiberman calls it “one of the rare truly soulful and authentic teen movies“— Chandler plays a character who’s practically the anti-coach: a deadbeat, boozy and long-absent father to Miles Teller’s character. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Friday Night Lights (1-3 of 3)
Brian Grazer recently sent Panther fans’ hearts racing when he announced that a Friday Night Lights movie was very much a possibility. When the cast reunited this weekend at the ATX Television Festival in Austin, Texas, the idea of hearing Coach Taylor rally another team on game night was on everyone’s minds. “I’d put 50/50 odds on it,” Scott Porter, who played paralyzed quarterback Jason Street, told EW. “I’m so scared we would never be able to top the show. And I wouldn’t want what we did together tarnished in any way.” READ FULL STORY
The author of the book Friday Night Lights is a vocal Mitt Romney fan, and at recent campaign appearances the Republican presidential candidate has been using the inspirational phrase from the TV adaptation: “Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.”
But that expression isn’t in the book, and Peter Berg, who directed and co-wrote the screenplay for the 2004 movie, and went on to create the 2006-2011 TV series, has released a scathing letter to Romney, telling him to cut it out.
- 'Scandal'-ous picks for Entertainers of the Year!
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- 'SNL' audition for black women in L.A.
- Golden Globes: 16 snubs that bugged YOU
- Globes: Comedy/Musical? Try Horror/Romance!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': A preview from Sarah Drew
- 'Vampire Diaries' midseason finale: What's at stake
- Portia de Rossi to visit 'Sean Saves the World'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Lea Michele opens up about Cory Monteith to Ellen DeGeneres
- Golden Globes nominations shocking TV snubs
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- '12 Years a Slave' and 'American Hustle' lead Golden Globe nominees