Meet Mortdecai, an art dealer on a hunt for a stolen painting that could hold the code to a vat of Nazi gold who will “thrill you,” “dazzle you,” and “grow on you,” according to the latest teaser for Mortdecai.
READ FULL STORY
Tag: Gwyneth Paltrow (1-10 of 18)
• Michael Fassbender (12 Years a Slave) is in talks to star in the Derek Cianfrance-directed adaptation of M.L. Stedman‘s 2012 novel The Light Between Oceans. The story follows a lighthouse keeper and his wife, who discover an infant and a dead body in a rowboat and decide to raise the child as their own in post-World War I Australia. Fassbender can be seen next in X-Men: Days of Future Past (out May 23). [THR] READ FULL STORY
“Oh I’m not an actress,” said Alecia Moore (aka Pink) at the Los Angeles premiere of Thanks for Sharing. “I was like, ‘ok, why me?'” she laughed. “You want me to do the soundtrack?”
Modesty seemed to be the theme at the ArcLight Hollywood Monday night, which stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Tim Robbins, Patrick Fugit, Josh Gad, Moore, and director Stuart Blumberg turned out to celebrate their film that opens in limited release on Sept. 20. Despite the rom-com marketing Thanks for Sharing is actually a somewhat dark multi-story look at the world of sex addiction. Blumberg, who co-wrote The Kids Are All Right, said, “I wanted to explore not just when people go down the rabbit hole, but when they try to come up.”
'Thanks for Sharing': Gwyneth Paltrow and Mark Ruffalo are having relationship woes -- EXCLUSIVE CLIP
Yep, you read that right — Pepper Potts is dating the Hulk in the upcoming romantic dramedy, Thanks for Sharing. But the film, directed by The Kids Are All Right screenwriter Stuart Blumberg, is about real people who are far from superheroes. It focuses on Mark Ruffalo’s character, Adam, who is a recovering sex addict who’s recently reentered the world of dating. Paltrow plays Phoebe who is coming off a recent relationship with an alcoholic and has sworn off addicts of all types — until Adam comes into her life. Although one look at her Tracy Anderson-ed bod in the clip below and we’re pretty sure she’s addicted to the pilates reformer.
In the intense scene below, Paltrow and Ruffalo are finding themselves in a difficult spot as Ruffalo deals with being in a new relationship after five years of sex “sobriety.”
READ FULL STORY
• Gwyneth Paltrow (Iron Man 3) and Ewan McGregor (The Impossible) are in negotiations to join Johnny Depp‘s Mortdecai. The story follows Charles Mortdecai, an art dealer racing to uncover a Nazi bank account full of gold. The project is expected to start production later this year. [Variety]
• 99 Homes, a story of a man who loses his home due to foreclosure, has snagged Andrew Garfield (The Amazing Spider-Man) for the lead role. Garfield’s character will find himself so desperate that he starts working for the man who took his home, going so far as to assist him in illegal activities. [THR]
• Abigail Breslin (The Call) will be returning to the world of the walking dead in Maggie, where she’ll play the titular role — an unfortunate young woman who is infected by a virus that is sweeping the globe. Arnold Schwarzenegger will play her father. [THR]
READ FULL STORY
We’re addicted to stories about sex addiction.
The ailment gets the romantic dramedy treatment in Stuart Blumberg’s directorial debut Thanks for Sharing, a multi-character story about three sex addicts in therapy and their attempts to live in the world. Gwyneth Paltrow and Mark Ruffalo lead the ensemble cast as Phoebe and Adam, a new couple just trying to make things work in spite of Adam’s addiction.
Josh Gad and Pink also feature heavily in the film as a pair of addicts who seem to find solace and comfort in each other’s company. Co-written by Blumberg (The Kids Are All Right) and Matt Winston, the film premiered at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival, and co-stars Tim Robbins, Joely Richardson, and Patrick Fugit.
The trailer teased a bittersweet tone reminiscent of The Kids Are All Right, but, how do you make a poster about such a complicated, and seemingly R-rated subject matter? Take a look after the jump and let us know what you think.
Mark Ruffalo, sex addict? In the upcoming film Thanks for Sharing, Ruffalo stars as one of a group of recovering sex addicts that also includes Book of Mormon star Josh Gad and Alecia Moore — a.k.a. Pink. Ruffalo’s Adam falls for Gwyneth Paltrow’s Phoebe, who’s sworn off dating alcoholics and dismisses his plight by saying what we’re all thinking: “Isn’t that just something guys say they’re doing when they get caught cheating?” Needless to say, she gives in, to the tune of a pretty racy black lace number.
The eclectic cast also features Patrick Fugit (Almost Famous), Tim Robbins, and Carol Kane.
Check out the trailer for the film, which was directed and co-written by Ruffalo’s The Kids are Alright collaborator Stuart Blumberg, below. READ FULL STORY
“I’m Tony Stark: I build neat stuff, I got a great girl, and — occasionally — save the world. So why can’t I sleep?”
So begins the newest trailer for Iron Man 3, continuing the film’s promotional march toward gloominess while also giving us longer looks at the franchise’s latest antagonists, Guy Pearce and a ponytailed Ben Kingsley.
In case the morose voiceover didn’t give it away, Iron Man 3 promises to include more explosions, more mayhem, and more frowns. The new trailer is also noticeably lacking in one-liners, while dramatically increasing the amount of time Gwyneth Paltrow spends struggling in a mean-looking metallic harness. Meanwhile, Kingsley is doing a spin on Ben-Kingsley-doing-a-spin-on-Tom-Hardy-as-Bane. There’s even a thing with an airplane exploding. Watch it below.
The flood of intriguing Iron Man 3 posters continues! Just a couple weeks after releasing an image of Don Cheadle dressed up like a robo-American Flag, Marvel has tweeted an evocative shot of Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts. Paltrow spent the first couple Iron Man movies witty-bantering with Robert Downey Jr., but the new shot finds Paltrow looking despondent, cradling a slashed Iron Man helmet. Seriously, she looks sad. Like, take out the helmet, and this could practically be a poster for Proof 2: Proven. Check out the image below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- Winners and losers of Summer 2014
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- 'Hullabaloo': Will fans of hand-drawn animation art fund this indie short?
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI issues statement
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- 'Arrow' digital-first comic fills in gap between seasons 2 and 3
- Chris Harrison on 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode 6: Cody-Michelle, Marcus-Lacy, and...Jesse
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by 'The Unauthorized Saved…
- Internet grinds to halt as nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, others surface
- FBI issues statement on leaked nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence, others
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' recap: Cave dwellers
- CeeLo Green tweets that only women who 'remember' can be raped (Updated)