During promotions for Rotten Tomatoes’ new weekly online series Adam Carolla’s Rotten Tomatoes Review, Tomatoes’ Editor-in-Chief Matt Atchity spoke with EW about what it was like to work with the “rowdy” funnyman and shared some of his picks for the buzziest films of fall and Oscars 2012. For starters, he thinks 2012 is going to be a golden year for the Harry Potter franchise. See what else he say on everything from Potter to 3-D to other Oscar picks below: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Harry Potter (41-50 of 97)
A four-minute teaser has hit the Web for When Harry Left Hogwarts, Morgan Matthews’ behind-the-scenes documentary of the making of both parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Watch it below. You truly get a feel for how secretive the production was, as evidenced by Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson having to mask their faces like kidnap victims as they were driven to shoot Part 2‘s epilogue (pictured). You also see how much angst the trio felt as filming came to an end and the genuine concern the franchise’s older actors had for them (Emma Thompson recommends therapy), as well as what it was like to be a bit player invited into this magical world. The 48-minute documentary will be available on the Blu-ray combo pack out Nov. 11. READ FULL STORY
“What did they see?”
This is the tagline for Daniel Radcliffe’s eerie ghost story The Woman in Black, and when you check out the exclusive, animated poster below, you’ll get some idea of why the Harry Potter actor looks so unnerved in the photo to the left.
Think of it as an early Halloween treat from CBS Films. READ FULL STORY
Join Harry Potter himself in New York City this Friday for Spike's Scream Awards tribute -- EXCLUSIVE
Break out your cheering charms, muggles. EW can exclusively reveal that Daniel Radcliffe is inviting 1,000 Harry Potter superfans to join him at a secret location in New York City this Friday night, Oct. 14, to tape a segment for a televised Potter tribute to air during Spike TV’s Scream Awards 2011.
To be one of those superfans, click here and enter the promo code POTTER to learn the time and location of the event (to be eligible to attend, you must be 18 years old and live in the New York tri-state area). The Scream Awards will premiere Tuesday, Oct. 18 at 9 p.m.
The beloved Harry Potter movie franchise is receiving an “ultimate farewell tribute” at Spike TV’s 2011 Scream Awards on Oct. 15, EW has learned exclusively, featuring what we are told will be a very special guest! (The show airs on Tues., Oct. 18 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2 has 14 nominations for this year’s awards (tied with X Men: First Class).
Celebrating sci-fi, fantasy, horror, and comic books — i.e. all things geek — the sixth annual Scream Awards will also honor Robert Downey Jr. with the Hero award (for his roles as Tony Stark/Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes) and Nicolas Cage with the Maverick award. Both stars will also debut exclusive footage from their respective upcoming films, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (the event will also feature sneak peeks for Total Recall, The Woman in Black, and Paranormal Activity 3).
J.J. Abrams, Darren Aronofsky, Chloe Moretz, Harold and Kumar‘s John Cho and Kal Penn, True Blood‘s Joe Manganiello, American Horror Story‘s Dylan McDermott, Fringe‘s Anna Torv, and Dr. Who‘s Matt Smith are among the announced attendees.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris in recurring role
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries' and more
- The 55 Essential Movies Kids Must Experience (Before They Turn 13)