It feels good to finally be able to say Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2 opens next month. A new round of TV spots continues the war on Hogwarts as Voldemort tries to make Harry feel guilty for putting those who fight with him in mortal danger. I didn’t tear up this time, so I consider that progress. I did, however, start thinking that I wish my wand lit up and shot sparks. (Yes, I have a wand.) Watch the spots below. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Harry Potter (71-80 of 97)
Starting today at 1 p.m. ET, The Dark Knight won’t be the only Warner Bros. title available for rental on Facebook. The next five titles included in the studio’s experiment are Inception, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Life as We Know It, and Yogi Bear. “We’re pleased to expand our test with a variety of titles that will appeal to a broad audience,” Thomas Gewecke, President of Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, said in the announcement. “These titles have substantial followings on Facebook. The Fan Pages for Harry Potter and Inception alone are two of the most popular and active communities on the site.” In care you’re curious: Inception has more than 6 million Facebook fans, while Life As We Know It, the Katherine Heigl-Josh Duhamel rom-com, has 214,766, and Yogi Bear has 161,031.
The Harry Potter film franchise will be recognized by the British Academy of Film and Television with the Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema honor at the BAFTA Awards on Feb. 13. Author J.K. Rowling and producer David Heyman will accept the honor on behalf of the franchise, which has grossed $5.4 billion worldwide since the first Potter film was released 10 years ago.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Gotham' recap: What did you think of its 'Pilot'?
- 'Gone Girl' review: Put it on the 'A' list
- 'Modern Family' sneak peek: The Dunphys had a great summer...without Alex
- 'Lost' turns 10: Doc Jensen on the highs, lows, and legacy
- 11 things you'll want to know about the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover
- 'Sleepy Hollow' stars explain season 1 in 30 seconds
- 'NCIS' First Look: Meet young Ducky
- 'Faking It' stars talk THAT hookup: 'We totally understand why you're angry'