It feels good to finally be able to say Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2 opens next month. A new round of TV spots continues the war on Hogwarts as Voldemort tries to make Harry feel guilty for putting those who fight with him in mortal danger. I didn’t tear up this time, so I consider that progress. I did, however, start thinking that I wish my wand lit up and shot sparks. (Yes, I have a wand.) Watch the spots below. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Harry Potter (71-80 of 97)
Starting today at 1 p.m. ET, The Dark Knight won’t be the only Warner Bros. title available for rental on Facebook. The next five titles included in the studio’s experiment are Inception, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Life as We Know It, and Yogi Bear. “We’re pleased to expand our test with a variety of titles that will appeal to a broad audience,” Thomas Gewecke, President of Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, said in the announcement. “These titles have substantial followings on Facebook. The Fan Pages for Harry Potter and Inception alone are two of the most popular and active communities on the site.” In care you’re curious: Inception has more than 6 million Facebook fans, while Life As We Know It, the Katherine Heigl-Josh Duhamel rom-com, has 214,766, and Yogi Bear has 161,031.
The Harry Potter film franchise will be recognized by the British Academy of Film and Television with the Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema honor at the BAFTA Awards on Feb. 13. Author J.K. Rowling and producer David Heyman will accept the honor on behalf of the franchise, which has grossed $5.4 billion worldwide since the first Potter film was released 10 years ago.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- 'Game of Thrones' visual effects reel: Filling in Westeros' blanks
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his 'Into the Dalek' debut
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Walking Dead': Behind-the-scenes at the EW cover photo shoot
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- Jon Stewart says Hugh Grant was worst 'Daily Show' guest ever; Grant agrees
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- Norman Reedus' Personal 'Walking Dead' Photo Album
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!