Entertainment Weekly’s film critics Owen Gleiberman and Lisa Schwarzbaum go back and forth over Steven Soderbergh’s new offering, Haywire.
Tag: Haywire (1-5 of 5)
This weekend, Kate Beckinsale returns to Underworld, the franchise that made her a household name in households that watch bad movies. Wearing a head-to-toe leather outfit which she presumably has to be sewn into between takes, Beckinsale will presumably shoots lots of guns in slow motion and will do a reasonable imitation of karate kicks before letting the stunt double handle the tough stuff. Allow me to propose an equally badass bit of counter-programming: A film which stars a woman who could legitimately punch your nose through your skull. The most important movie to see this weekend is: READ FULL STORY
It takes a certain kind of guy to go up against Gina Carano. A very brave guy who is willing to accept the fact that he’ll more than likely have his ass handed to him by her, to be exact. In Steven Soderbergh’s tense new action thriller Haywire, in theaters today, Channing Tatum, Ewan McGregor, and Michael Fassbender play just three of the gentleman who dare to square off against the mixed martial artist.
While Tatum, who finds himself on the wrong end of a fight against Carano’s betrayed black-ops soldier Mallory Kane within the first five minutes of the movie, called it “cool… but a little intimidating” to go head-to-head and fist-to-fist with “the pioneer of female mixed martial arts,” it seems Carano herself got well, a kick out of it. “I think, by far, my favorite days were the fight days. We were just tumbling over couches, smashing each other into everything possible,” the new action heroine explained in this exclusive behind-the-scenes featurette.
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'SNL' lights up Sia's 'Chandelier,' more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat'
- 'Showrunners' documentary: Insights from Kurt Sutter, Hart Hanson, Mike Kelley
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more