The Hollywood Foreign Press Association has announced the quartet of actors who will be on hand to reveal the nominees for the 72nd Golden Globes. READ FULL STORY
Tag: HFPA (1-2 of 2)
That lively, star-filled ode to film and television the Golden Globe Awards will take place on Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013, announced the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, dick clark productions and NBC on Tuesday.
The 70th annual awards show will air live on NBC from its annual home at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills. Nominations will be announced at 8 a.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 13. The deadline for Globe submissions is Nov. 2, and the deadline for nominations ballots to be mailed to HFPA members is Nov. 29.
The Globes, produced by Dick Clark Productions in association with the HFPA, is long considered the lighter toned, boozier sister to the Academy Awards. This past year’s Globes telecast, hosted by snarky, sassy Ricky Gervais, averaged 16.9 million viewers. The show is viewed in 160 countries worldwide.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' recap: 'It's Like a Booze Cruise With Knowledge'
- 'Bachelor' recap: Like a camping virgin
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?
- Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo comedy among 4 new ABC pilots
- NBC pilot orders for Monica Potter comedy, 'Sharing' from Jimmy Fallon
- 'Jane the Virgin'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'The Originals'; 'Gotham'; more TV recaps
- 'Secretary' re-release trailer/poster: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' roots are showing
- SAG and Producers Guild shake up Oscar odds in Best Picture, Best Actor races