There will be blood. Lots and lots and lots of blood, apparently, in the upcoming horror anthology ABCs of Death, as evidenced by this delightfully gruesome NSFW new red band trailer, below. The ambitious horror flick from Magnet, on demand Jan. 31 and in theaters March 8, features 26 different gory death scenes by 26 different directors, including Jason Eisener (Hobo with a Shotgun) and Ben Wheatley (Kill List). Sit back, put up your feet, and indulge your sicko horror fan favorite scenarios, from mega explosions to a femme fatale driving a speeding car, an animated monster spraying bloody bits, a gal psychotically happy with a chainsaw, and a dog with a taste for human meat. All set to the creepiest sing-song version of the ABCs you’ve possibly heard.
Tag: Hobo With a Shotgun (1-4 of 4)
A group of 25 established and up-and-coming directors from around the globe will direct a horror anthology called The ABCs of Death, with production starting next month. According to the project’s official release, each filmmaker will be “assigned a letter from the alphabet that represents a word to act as a springboard for a short story of death.” The movie is being produced by Magnet Releasing, Timpson Films, and the Alamo Drafthouse cinema chain’s distribution arm Drafthouse Films, which last year brought us Chris Morris’ acclaimed suicide bomber comedy Four Lions. As for the 26th chapter of this alphabet-themed movie, that will be overseen by a director to be chosen as part of a competition to find new talent.
Twenty directors have already signed on to the project, and you can find their names below. I’m not going to pretend to have knowledge of each one, but I am — happily — familiar with the work of several of several, including Ti West (The House of the Devil), Jason Eisener (Hobo With a Shotgun, currently in theaters), and Ben Wheatley, whose recent, British gangster movie Down Terrace is an underseen gem and whose follow-up Kill List was enthusiastically greeted by audiences at this year’s SXSW festival. READ FULL STORY
Don’t waste your time asking director Jason Eisener how many people die in his shlock-tastic bloodbath Hobo With a Shotgun. “I don’t know,” laughs the Canadian filmmaker. “I haven’t done a kill count!”
Interested parties can do their own murder-math from today as the Rutger Hauer-starring Hobo begins its theatrical run in New York and Austin. To get you in the mood for the mayhem, we asked Mr. Eisener to give us his favorite (and often very NSFW) movie murders, which you can watch after the jump.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Maze Runner' finds its way to $11M on Friday
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- Kim Kardashian as clingy extra-terrestrial hairball on 'American Dad': First Look
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- J.Lo and Iggy Azalea extend the Summer of Butts with 'Booty' remix video
- 'Super Smash Bros.': The best/worst thing ever to happen to Nintendo
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'The Walking Dead' star Danai Gurira wigs out
- 'Into the Woods' character names not getting Disney makeover (Updated)
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- 'Once Upon a Time': Will Elsa 'Let It Go'? Or build a snowman?