There will be blood. Lots and lots and lots of blood, apparently, in the upcoming horror anthology ABCs of Death, as evidenced by this delightfully gruesome NSFW new red band trailer, below. The ambitious horror flick from Magnet, on demand Jan. 31 and in theaters March 8, features 26 different gory death scenes by 26 different directors, including Jason Eisener (Hobo with a Shotgun) and Ben Wheatley (Kill List). Sit back, put up your feet, and indulge your sicko horror fan favorite scenarios, from mega explosions to a femme fatale driving a speeding car, an animated monster spraying bloody bits, a gal psychotically happy with a chainsaw, and a dog with a taste for human meat. All set to the creepiest sing-song version of the ABCs you’ve possibly heard.
Tag: Hobo With a Shotgun (1-4 of 4)
A group of 25 established and up-and-coming directors from around the globe will direct a horror anthology called The ABCs of Death, with production starting next month. According to the project’s official release, each filmmaker will be “assigned a letter from the alphabet that represents a word to act as a springboard for a short story of death.” The movie is being produced by Magnet Releasing, Timpson Films, and the Alamo Drafthouse cinema chain’s distribution arm Drafthouse Films, which last year brought us Chris Morris’ acclaimed suicide bomber comedy Four Lions. As for the 26th chapter of this alphabet-themed movie, that will be overseen by a director to be chosen as part of a competition to find new talent.
Twenty directors have already signed on to the project, and you can find their names below. I’m not going to pretend to have knowledge of each one, but I am — happily — familiar with the work of several of several, including Ti West (The House of the Devil), Jason Eisener (Hobo With a Shotgun, currently in theaters), and Ben Wheatley, whose recent, British gangster movie Down Terrace is an underseen gem and whose follow-up Kill List was enthusiastically greeted by audiences at this year’s SXSW festival. READ FULL STORY
Don’t waste your time asking director Jason Eisener how many people die in his shlock-tastic bloodbath Hobo With a Shotgun. “I don’t know,” laughs the Canadian filmmaker. “I haven’t done a kill count!”
Interested parties can do their own murder-math from today as the Rutger Hauer-starring Hobo begins its theatrical run in New York and Austin. To get you in the mood for the mayhem, we asked Mr. Eisener to give us his favorite (and often very NSFW) movie murders, which you can watch after the jump.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- 'Big Brother': 3 Q's for Julie Chen (plus one about the Ice Bucket Challenge)
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Mythbusters' minus three: Tory Belleci, Kari Byron, Grant Imahara tweet goodbyes
- MTV VMAs: 14 classic performances
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Falling Skies' pair sum up four seasons in 30 seconds
- Jim Parsons talks 'Big Bang' bucks and Emmy excitement
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Mythbusters' reveal Comic-Con costume, show how to make Indiana Jones' bullwhip
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'