Directed by much-acclaimed horror filmmaker Ti West and inspired by the infamous 1978 Jonestown Massacre tragedy, the contemporary-set thriller The Sacrament tracks the investigation of a commune by a fictional VICE journalist and his cameraman.
Tag: Horror Movies (21-30 of 380)
“Nobody shoots a car the way Aussies do.” So says Quentin Tarantino in the must-see 2008 Ozploitation documentary Not Quite Hollywood. And QT’s words are reconfirmed by director Greg McLean’s new film Wolf Creek 2 – the sequel to his 2005 tale of terrible-things-happening-in-the-Australian-outback — which owes as much to the likes of The Road Warrior (and Steven Spielberg’s classic auto-thriller Duel) as it does the torture porn genre.
In the ’70s-set The Quiet Ones, Jared Harris (Mad Men) portrays a British professor determined to prove that there is a scientific explanation for the seemingly supernatural phenomena besetting a young woman, played by Bates Motel actress Olivia Cooke. As The Quiet Ones, which opens this Friday, comes to us from the famously horror-obsessed U.K company Hammer, it does not spoil things too much to reveal that the prof’s plan goes wildly awry. READ FULL STORY
Eric Roberts and his spouse Eliza Roberts were guests on Monday’s episode of Entertainment Weirdly on EW’s Sirius XM channel to discuss their episode of Celebrity Wife Swap, which airs Tuesday. But we couldn’t let the Dark Knight star and onetime Oscar nominee leave without asking him about his upcoming film Human Centipede 3, the third entry of the notorious horror franchise in which people are attached together to form the grotesque titular creature.
Well, we could have let him leave without asking about it. We just didn’t. READ FULL STORY
Seeing director Zack Parker’s new thriller Proxy will undoubtedly represent two of the most unforgettable hours you spend in the cinema this year — if, that is, you can get past the first five minutes. In the film, Alexia Rasmussen plays a heavily pregnant woman named Esther who loses her baby as the result of a brutal beating, which takes place in the aforementioned opening minutes, and subsequently befriends another bereaved mother called Melanie (Alexa Havins) at a grief support group. But is Melanie quite what she seems? And, for that matter, is Esther? READ FULL STORY
How gory is the new slasher movie Stage Fright? This gory: During her post-shoot ADR recording session, actress Minnie Driver wouldn’t even watch her own, very early demise. “It was too gruesome for her,” says director Jerome Sable.
So why did Driver agree to appear in the film in the first place? “She had been in The Phantom of the Opera, the film version [of the Andrew Lloyd Webber Broadway show],” explains Sable. “So I appealed to her on that level.”
Oh, right. There’s something we forgot to mention about Stage Fright. In addition to being a full-on, blood-soaked horror flick, the film is also a full-fledged, song-packed, musical.
There are essentially two kinds of alien movies — the kind in which bicycles are magically transformed into flying machines, and the kind in which people’s insides are rather less magically transformed into lunch.
Megan Fox has long claimed to be a self-described “nerd” but has unexpectedly upped the ante when it comes to her fan-girl obsession with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
“I was really in love with them,” confesses Fox, who stars as reporter April O’Neil in the live-action reboot of the ‘80s cartoon which hits theaters August 8. “I have an older sister that’s 12 years older than me, so part of it initially was because I wanted to be like my big sister. But, it’s a really cool project for me because it was a huge part of my childhood, and it’s always been.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Vikings' Comic-Con comic book: We've got the cover
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- Neneh Cherry's back, not aiming for 'trendy'
- Kacy Catanzaro talks 'Ninja Warrior' whirlwind
- 'Arrow': 'We believe in accelerated storytelling'
- Batman's best stories: 9 that shine
- 'Sons of Anarchy' ending: Kurt Sutter says...
- Mark Ruffalo talks potential for a 'Hulk' movie
- 'Two and a Half Men' final season to tackle 'gay' adoption 628
- 'Lost cause' 399
- Captain America is black, Thor is a woman, and Iron Man has a new costume: Witness Avengers NOW! 504
- 'Doctor Who': Which episode should newbies check out first? 421
- 'Dating Naked' reveals disappointingly small ratings 285
- Robert Downey, Jr. tops Forbes' list of highest paid actors once again
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- 'Sons of Anarchy' creator says series ending not yet decided
- Kacy Catanzaro would happily hit the 'American Ninja Warrior' obstacle course with Stephen Amell
- Mark Ruffalo on the foe Hulk needs for a stand-alone movie