While mum was the word at the Tomorrowland panel at New York Comic Con, a never-before-seen clip screened at the show shines a bit of light on Brad Bird and Damon Lindelof’s latest mystery box of a film.
Tag: Hugh Laurie (1-4 of 4)
Casting Net: Chris Hemsworth to team up with Michael Mann; Plus Hugh Laurie confirmed for 'Tomorrowland', Marion Cotillard, and more
• Michael Mann (Collateral, Public Enemies) is set to direct Chris Hemsworth in his new thriller that Mann has been developing and writing for over a year. Between Hemsworth’s superhero and fairy tale projects, we’re excited to see him team up with Mann, known for his realism and ability to elevate standard genre fare. The Australian actor will appear next with Olivia Wilde in Rush, the Ron Howard race car film, out this September. [Variety]
• Tomorrowland has its villain, and it’s none other than House star Hugh Laurie, EW confirmed. The hush-hush project from Brad Bird (Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, The Incredibles), Damon Lindelof (Lost), and EW’s own Jeff Jensen also stars George Clooney. Laurie largely stayed away from major film projects during his time on House, but it will be great to see the English actor and comedian take a villainous turn.
Extended time with your family: sometimes awkward.
Extended time with your family while you’re secretly dating your parents’ best friend: the most awkward.
But that discomfort in real life could translate to plenty of laughs on the big screen in director Julian Farino’s new comedy, The Oranges. When Leighton Meester starts hooking up with the much-older Hugh Laurie, everyone’s relationships in the two neighborly families are affected. The film also stars all the people you wish were in your own family: Allison Janney, Catherine Keener, Oliver Platt, Adam Brody and Alia Shawkat.
Check out the red-band trailer below: READ FULL STORY
• Lindsay Lohan‘s career reboot has taken another peculiar turn: She’s currently in talks to star opposite real-life porn star James Deen in The Canyons, a sex-and-crime thriller scripted by Bret Easton Ellis and directed by Paul Schrader. It starts shooting in July, presumably after Lohan has finished shooting the Lifetime Elizabeth Taylor biopic Liz & Dick. [THR]
• John Stamos has signed on to My Man is a Loser, an indie comedy about two husbands (Michael Rappaport and Bryan Callen) who call on their serial bachelor buddy (Stamos) to help enliven their marriages. First-time feature director Mike Young also penned the script. [Deadline]
• Justin Bartha (The Hangover) will play Dead Boys lead singer Stiv Bators in CBGB, about the rise of the punk rock scene at the famed titular New York club. He’ll join Alan Rickman, Malin Akerman, Rupert Grint, Ashley Greene, Taylor Hawkins, and Johnny Galecki. Randall Miller (Bottle Shock) is directing. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Chris Hemsworth boarding ‘In the Heart of the Sea.’ Plus: Stephen Colbert, Ray Winstone, Anton Yelchin
Casting Net: Samuel L. Jackson signs on to ‘Robocop.’ Plus: Jamie Foxx, Robin Williams, Paul Rudd, Emile Hirsch
Casting Net: Matthew Modine in Jobs biopic, ‘Slave’ adds two more to all-star cast
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- Halloween 2014: EW's favorite celebrity costumes
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying
- 'Today'/'GMA' Halloween: Lara Spencer as Prince George; Hoda and Kathie Lee in Wayne's World