The Expendables 2 isn’t exactly the sort of movie that gets critics rallying to its defense. It’s neo-’80s schlock featuring a team of action stars who, at this point, can barely even move. Yet the film has a couple of defenders this week: Lisa and I both enjoyed the honest cheesiness with which it returns you to the era before action films — even bad ones — came layered with a certain post-9/11 gravitas. The Expendables 2 may be trash, but it has the courage of its own irresponsibility, along with a cast we still like a lot (in part because they are so old). You can see us chat about it below in the latest installment of “Movie Talk with Owen and Lisa.”
Tag: "I'll be back!" (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Blake Shelton?
- 'SNL': 10 best (and 5 worst) host/musical guests
- Kirby Dick's 'The Hunting Ground' challenges U.S. colleges on an 'epidemic' of campus rape
- Michael Fassbender in 'Slow West': 3 First Look photos
- Bill Maher on why 'American Sniper' is a blockbuster while 'Hurt Locker' was not
- Melissa Rauch on gymnastic sex scene in 'The Bronze' at Sundance: 'you write what you know'
- 'Westworld' team on what their secretive show is about: 'the things that keep you up at night'
- 'Transparent': Binging? Read our recaps of all 10 episodes
- 'Big Bang Theory' star's gymnastic sex scene scores a '10' at Sundance
- 'Westworld' producers hint HBO's drama has great, freaky potential
- Bill Maher calls 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle 'a psychopath patriot'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Derek really is leaving -- what does this mean for Patrick Dempsey?
- 'RoboCop,' new 'House of Cards,' and more coming to Netflix in February