The last time Steven Spielberg set a movie in India, the result was 1984′s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom — a record-breaking box-office smash that also angered Indians due to its inaccurate depiction of their culture. But after a 29-year break, it seems that Spielberg is ready to return to the subcontinent — though this time, perhaps he’ll leave the monkey brains in Los Angeles. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1-2 of 2)
It’s an Indiana Jones bonanza!
AMC Theatres and Paramount announced Friday that all four Indiana Jones films, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring a sexy, snarky, fedora-touting Harrison Ford, will be shown in order on AMC’s 69 screens across the country for ONE day only, on Sept. 15. Tickets are available at http://amctheatres.com/indianajones.
The marathon o’ movies – Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull – comes in advance of the complete set’s big release on Blu-ray Sept. 18.
Lucasfilm announced earlier in the week that 1981′s Raiders of the Lost Ark would screen on IMAX beginning Sept. 7 for a week.
- 'Normal Heart': First Look photo
- 2013 Apocalypse Movie Quiz: Show what you know!
- Beyonce 'Visual Album': Preview the videos/songs
- 'Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug': EW review
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- Jon Hamm interviews (former student) Ellie Kemper
- 'Hobbit' as two movies? Peter Jackson's Plan B
- Julia Roberts: Flowers = 'Late Show' tears