The last time Steven Spielberg set a movie in India, the result was 1984’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom — a record-breaking box-office smash that also angered Indians due to its inaccurate depiction of their culture. But after a 29-year break, it seems that Spielberg is ready to return to the subcontinent — though this time, perhaps he’ll leave the monkey brains in Los Angeles. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1-2 of 2)
It’s an Indiana Jones bonanza!
AMC Theatres and Paramount announced Friday that all four Indiana Jones films, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring a sexy, snarky, fedora-touting Harrison Ford, will be shown in order on AMC’s 69 screens across the country for ONE day only, on Sept. 15. Tickets are available at http://amctheatres.com/indianajones.
The marathon o’ movies – Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull – comes in advance of the complete set’s big release on Blu-ray Sept. 18.
Lucasfilm announced earlier in the week that 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark would screen on IMAX beginning Sept. 7 for a week.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Amy Adams and One Direction
- Craig Ferguson signs off 'Late Late Show' with an all-star 'Drum' corps--and a dream
- 20 top Xmas movies ever
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 great gift ideas
- 'Big Bang Theory': 15 solutions if you're shopping for a fan
- 'Mad Men': 20 gift ideas for dapper Dons (or Bettys)
- 'Girls' fans (and their guys) will love these 13 gift ideas
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever