The last time Steven Spielberg set a movie in India, the result was 1984’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom — a record-breaking box-office smash that also angered Indians due to its inaccurate depiction of their culture. But after a 29-year break, it seems that Spielberg is ready to return to the subcontinent — though this time, perhaps he’ll leave the monkey brains in Los Angeles. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1-2 of 2)
It’s an Indiana Jones bonanza!
AMC Theatres and Paramount announced Friday that all four Indiana Jones films, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring a sexy, snarky, fedora-touting Harrison Ford, will be shown in order on AMC’s 69 screens across the country for ONE day only, on Sept. 15. Tickets are available at http://amctheatres.com/indianajones.
The marathon o’ movies – Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull – comes in advance of the complete set’s big release on Blu-ray Sept. 18.
Lucasfilm announced earlier in the week that 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark would screen on IMAX beginning Sept. 7 for a week.
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson breaks silence in ABC News interview
- Farrelly Brothers on mastering their 'Dumb' moves
- 'Dancing With the Stars' got game: What to make of that Super Mario number?
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1' and 'Far Cry 4': You take aim in this week's mailbag
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- 8 simple Netflix tricks to try this weekend (from TIME)
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer