The last time Steven Spielberg set a movie in India, the result was 1984’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom — a record-breaking box-office smash that also angered Indians due to its inaccurate depiction of their culture. But after a 29-year break, it seems that Spielberg is ready to return to the subcontinent — though this time, perhaps he’ll leave the monkey brains in Los Angeles. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1-2 of 2)
It’s an Indiana Jones bonanza!
AMC Theatres and Paramount announced Friday that all four Indiana Jones films, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring a sexy, snarky, fedora-touting Harrison Ford, will be shown in order on AMC’s 69 screens across the country for ONE day only, on Sept. 15. Tickets are available at http://amctheatres.com/indianajones.
The marathon o’ movies – Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull – comes in advance of the complete set’s big release on Blu-ray Sept. 18.
Lucasfilm announced earlier in the week that 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark would screen on IMAX beginning Sept. 7 for a week.
Latest Videos in Movies
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Flash' recap: 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...
- 'Lassa Fever' to 'The Dreaming Death': 5 soap opera epidemics
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- Ray Fisher: Meet DC's 'Cyborg'
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?