• Rosa Salazar (Parenthood) has joined the cast of Insurgent as Lynn. Currently filming in Atlanta, the Divergent follow-up from director Robert Schwentke (R.I.P.D.) will again star Shailene Woodley (The Fault in Our Stars), Theo James (Underworld: Awakening), Miles Teller (The Spectacular Now), Ansel Elgort (The Fault in Our Stars), Kate Winslet (Labor Day), Jai Courtney (Jack Reacher), and Zoe Kravitz (After Earth), as well as newcomers to the series Naomi Watts (The Impossible), Daniel Dae Kim (Lost), and Octavia Spencer (The Help). In the book, Lynn is described as a bitter Dauntless-born initiate with a shaved head, eyebrow piercing, a tough attitude, and a mischievous sense of humor. The sequel is scheduled for a March 20, 2015, release. [THR] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Insurgent (1-6 of 6)
Tris’ world in Insurgent is filling out: Daniel Dae Kim has joined the Divergent sequel as Jack Kang, a representative of the Candor faction. Kim was most recently seen on Hawaii Five-0, and is best-known for his role on Lost.
He’s the latest addition to the cast, which will also include Naomi Watts and Octavia Spencer, as well as returning stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James, and Kate Winslet. Insurgent is the second in an announced four films based on Veronica Roth’s best-selling YA trilogy.
Robert Schwentke has taken over directing duties from Divergent director Neil Burger, and The Divergent Series: Insurgent is set to hit theaters Mar. 20.
Insurgent — the sequel to last March’s Divergent, adapted from the best-selling Veronica Roth books — has added another high-profile cast member: The Hollywood Reporter reports that Naomi Watts has signed on to play Evelyn, the leader of the Factionless. Watts’ role would include not just Insurgent, but the two final films planned for the final book in the trilogy, Allegiant.
Watts joins new cast members Octavia Spencer and Suki Waterhouse, along with returning stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Miles Teller, and Kate Winslet. Robert Schwentke has taken over directing duties from Divergent director Neil Burger — filming began just last week — and the dystopian thriller is due in theaters March 2015.
Our calls to Summit for confirmation were not immediately returned.
Robert Schwentke, the German director best known for Flightplan with Jodie Foster and the successful action-comedy Red, has been selected to direct Insurgent, the sequel to Summit’s upcoming franchise-starter, Divergent. Shailene Woodley stars as multi-talented Tris Prior in the adaptation of Veronica Roth’s best-selling novel, which tells the story of a dystopian future where society is divided into five factions. In Insurgent, based on Roth’s 2012 book, war looms and Tris’ loyalty to Dauntless, the most courageous faction, is tested in ways she never imagined.
“We are excited to announce that we have found the perfect director to carry on the story of Tris Prior and the expanded world of Insurgent in Robert Schwentke,” said Erik Feig, Lionsgate’s president of production, in a statement. “Robert, with whom we have already had a successful relationship, has proven a master storyteller in multiple genres.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' is 'Lord of the Rings'? Rick is Aragorn, Carl is Frodo...
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Shameless' season 5 trailer hints at plenty of new twists
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- See the first teaser for the final season of 'Justified'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist