Inside Movies Breaking Movie News and Scoops | Movie Reviews

Tag: J.J. Abrams (1-10 of 50)

X-Wing marks the spot in new 'Star Wars: Episode VII' set video

x-wing.jpg

A few weeks ago, J.J. Abrams offered fans a chance to win a walk-on role in the new Star Wars movie, and as that contest draws to a close he has unveiled a new clip from the set—this time showing off another old favorite from the galaxy.

It’s a post-Empire X-Wing fighter, dented and battle-burned. It’s even clear that pilot fashions haven’t changed much since the Return of the Jedi days.

READ FULL STORY

'Star Wars: Episode VII': J.J. Abrams reacts to leaked set photos

Bad-Robot.jpg

J.J. Abrams has taken to Twitter to comment on photos recently leaked from the set of his upcoming space epic, which otherwise has had its deflector shields up. (Details on the film’s plot, characters, and setting are still scarce.)

The director addressed the situation with a sense of humor, speaking to true Star Wars geeks with a joke that only they would get. READ FULL STORY

'Star Wars': More casting news to come, says J.J. Abrams -- VIDEO

JJ-Abrams.jpg

J.J. Abrams would like to wish you a very happy Star Wars Day. Yesterday, May 4, is an important celebration of the Star Wars universe, so chosen because of its inherent punniness: “May the Fourth be with you.”

A homesick Abrams and screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan took to the Internet to record a quick YouTube message from London, where the two are still working on the screenplay to Star Wars: Episode VII — The Ballad of Llewyn Davis and the Lost Womp Rat.

In the course of wishing fans a happy Star Wars Day, Abrams mentioned that there’s still more casting to announce. No surprise there, but it remains to be seen if this means some more big names for crucial roles — or if he’s simply referring to Stormtrooper #3 and Leia’s Body Guard. There’s still hope, Billy Dee Williams and Warwick Davis! READ FULL STORY

'Star Wars: Episode VII' has already begun filming, says Disney's Alan Horn -- VIDEO

return-of-the-jedi

Surprise, Star Wars fans — the next film in the franchise has already begun shooting, and casting is almost complete.

The announcements about Star Wars: Episode VII were made by Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn during a panel at Loyola Marymount University School of Film and Television in Los Angeles on April 2. He also acknowledged that there had been problems with the script, but he’s confident in the version director J.J. Abrams and co-writer Lawrence Kasdan have worked on, which is based on a previous draft written by Toy Story 3 scribe Michael Arndt.

“It’s all about the screenplay,” Horn said. “It has to be screenplay, screenplay, screenplay.” READ FULL STORY

'Star Wars: Episode VII': 'Girls' star Adam Driver in talks to play villain -- REPORT

UPDATE: When reached by EW, Disney and Lucasfilm both had no comment.

Adam Driver may be preparing to go from Greenpoint to a galaxy far, far away.

Variety is reporting that the Girls star is nearing a deal to play the villain in J.J. Abrams’ secretive Star Wars: Episode VII, set to hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.

At 30, Driver is best-known for playing Hannah’s eccentric boyfriend Adam on HBO’s Girls. He’s also had memorable supporting roles in the Coen Brothers’ Inside Llewyn Davis, Noah Baumbach’s Frances Ha, Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln.

READ FULL STORY

'Star Wars: Episode VII': J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan now rewriting screenplay -- BREAKING

Darth-Vader-and-Obi-Wan.jpg

Obi-Wan Kenobi said act on instinct — but others might see this as a disturbance in the Force …

Lucasfilm has announced that Star Wars: Episode VII director J.J. Abrams and Raiders of the Lost Ark writer Lawrence Kasdan have taken over screenwriting duties from Michael Arndt, an Oscar winner for Little Miss Sunshine and nominee for Toy Story 3, who had previously been working on the story.

The movie is slated for release in 2015 but no firm date has been set. In its announcement about the screenwriter shuffle today, Lucasfilm said the current plan is still to begin shooting in Spring 2014.

READ FULL STORY

'Star Wars: Episode VII': 'Star Trek' legend William Shatner says J.J. Abrams will 'make a fabulous movie'

Phasers weren’t the only things set to stun when it was announced that Star Trek director J.J. Abrams would also be directing Episode VII in the Star Wars franchise. Fans of the two properties — who have long feuded over which franchise enjoyed true sci-fi superiority — did not quite know what to make of the same man now commanding both ships, so to speak. But what does the most famous face from Star Trek think about Abrams defecting over to the dark side…so to speak? READ FULL STORY

Jonathan Rhys Meyers on 'Star Wars' casting chatter: 'I don't believe rumors'

Star Wars rumors are a little like the Force: They surround and penetrate us. They bind the nerd galaxy together.

With director J.J. Abrams ramping up to begin production early next year on Star Wars Episode VII, lately those rumors have focused on possible casting, and one of the names that’s popped up most often has been that of Irish actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers. But the 36-year-old actor — who has starred in films like Velvet Goldmine and Match Point and played Henry VIII on Showtime’s The Tudors — brushes off the reports, telling EW that, for the moment at least, the Star Wars speculation is just that. “Look, I’ve worked with J.J.,” says Rhys Meyers, who co-starred in Abrams’ Mission: Impossible III in 2006. “But I don’t believe rumors.”
READ FULL STORY

'Star Wars': This isn't the news you're looking for at Disney's D23

Boos and groans greeted news that there was no news.

Fans gathered in the Anaheim Convention Center for Disney’s D23 on Saturday hoping for some sort of tease about the highly anticipated seventh installment of the Star Wars franchise. We were, of course, warned yesterday that there wasn’t going to be any news. But we didn’t expect it to be true.
READ FULL STORY

Exclusive: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' hits Blu-ray and DVD on...

This fall, your TV will boldly go where no TV has gone before.

EW can exclusively reveal that J.J. Abrams’s Star Trek Into Darkness will be released on DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, and On Demand on September 10, 2013. A digital download of the film will be available three weeks earlier, on August 20.

“I’m thrilled with how everything looks and sounds,” Abrams said in a statement. “We also have some really fun behind-the-scenes special features that we shot on the Red [Epic cameras] and created entirely in-house at Bad Robot. They really look amazing and unlike anything I’ve seen on DVD or Blu-ray before.”

Those special features include making-of shorts about creating the Red Planet and the Klingon home world of Kronos, as well as a sit-down with stars Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch — and a segment called “The Enemy of My Enemy,” which explores “how, and why, the identity of the film’s true villain was kept a mystery to the very end.”

Latest Videos in Movies

Advertisement

TV Recaps

Powered by WordPress.com VIP