Sorry, James Franco. Your brother Dave kicked box office butt this week in 21 Jump Street, and now Daniel Radcliffe is on track to erase the memory of you as Allen Ginsberg. Per People, set photos surfaced today of the former Boy Who Lived taking on a new mantle: The Boy Who “Howl”-ed. Click through for the first image! READ FULL STORY
Tag: Jack Kerouac (1-2 of 2)
Jack Kerouac’s On the Road became an iconic novel to a restless group of young and disenfranchised when it was published in 1957, and close to half a century passed before it became a movie. Maybe it was a mad idea to try.
Kerouac himself wanted Marlon Brando to star in a film, though that was never to happen. Much later, Francis Ford Coppola bought the rights in 1979, but struggled for years to come up with a script. Attempts to get everyone from Brad Pitt to Billy Crudup to star led only to false starts.
It may seem a strange thing, the Beat Generation mixing with the Twilight generation, but without Kristen Stewart signing on to co-star as the teenage bride Marylou, this version of the story directed by Walter Salles (The Motorcycle Diaries) may not have happened either.
See the trailer below … READ FULL STORY
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' recap: 'Head'
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a line in the sand
- 'Nashville' cliffhanger: Who died?
- 'Arrow' execs talk big midseason finale twists
- 'Arrow' react: 'Three Ghosts'
- 'Tomorrow People' react: 'Death's Door'
- 'Sing-Off' judges get 'Hooked on a Feeling'!
- 'Hawaii Five-0': Tom Berenger as Danny's dad
- 'Britney Jean' nets Britney Spears her worst opening week ever; Garth Brooks and Duck Dynasty carry on
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- 'Nashville' midseason finale cliffhanger: Who died?
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift Wishes
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Who was voted out? Who was eliminated?