Sorry, James Franco. Your brother Dave kicked box office butt this week in 21 Jump Street, and now Daniel Radcliffe is on track to erase the memory of you as Allen Ginsberg. Per People, set photos surfaced today of the former Boy Who Lived taking on a new mantle: The Boy Who “Howl”-ed. Click through for the first image! READ FULL STORY
Tag: Jack Kerouac (1-2 of 2)
Jack Kerouac’s On the Road became an iconic novel to a restless group of young and disenfranchised when it was published in 1957, and close to half a century passed before it became a movie. Maybe it was a mad idea to try.
Kerouac himself wanted Marlon Brando to star in a film, though that was never to happen. Much later, Francis Ford Coppola bought the rights in 1979, but struggled for years to come up with a script. Attempts to get everyone from Brad Pitt to Billy Crudup to star led only to false starts.
It may seem a strange thing, the Beat Generation mixing with the Twilight generation, but without Kristen Stewart signing on to co-star as the teenage bride Marylou, this version of the story directed by Walter Salles (The Motorcycle Diaries) may not have happened either.
See the trailer below … READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- Joe Cocker, veteran rock singer, dies at 70
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Sebastian Roche as...
- EW's 2014 Movie Awards: And the winners are...
- EW's 2014 Music Awards go to...
- 25 most-commented episodes of 2014
- 'SNL' deleted scene: Pete Davidson shows signs of his... love(?) for Amy Adams
- Merge Records at 25: Making ends meet, still playing it by ear
- 25 most memorable pop culture moments of 2014