Here’s a David O. Russell movie (sort of) without the good kind of buzz that has been accompanying his films like Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle. A trailer is finally out for Accidental Love, formerly called Nailed, starring Jessica Biel as a woman who gets a nail stuck in her head. READ FULL STORY
Tag: James Marsden (1-10 of 10)
If there’s no official rule against James Marsden landing the girl in his movies, it sometimes seems like there is a conspiracy against him. The Notebook. Enchanted. Superman Returns. He’s always getting left standing, as the odd man out. He even got squeezed out of the X-Men films, and one of the rare occurrences where he actually ended up with the girl was 30 Rock, where he ended up with a Lemon. Clearly, he’s just not good-looking enough.
Well, it seems like he’s finally going to catch a break—in a Nicholas Sparks film, no less! READ FULL STORY
“Based on the novel by Nicholas Spark.” This message at the beginning of a movie trailer speaks volumes.
Directed by Michael Hoffman, The Best of Me stars James Marsden and Michelle Monaghan as high school sweethearts reunited 20 years after they split. The plot: Boy meets girl. Boy falls in love with girl. Girl falls in love with boy. Girl’s dad does not approve. Boy and girl are separated for years. Boy and girl (now man and woman) come back together. Love still exists for man and woman. Will their love make it this time? Probably, unless someone dies. It is Nicholas Sparks after all… READ FULL STORY
• Fresh off a memorable turn as Sally Hawkins’ sensitive mechanic boyfriend in Woody Allen’s Blue Jasmine, Bobby Cannavale is set to try out the world of big-screen musicals in Annie, in which he’ll star alongside Quvenzhané Wallis, Cameron Diaz, and Rose Byrne. He’ll play a political strategist who is helping Jamie Foxx‘s Benjamin Stacks run for mayor. Easy A director Will Gluck is taking another pass at the script before he begins shooting. The Emmy-winning actor (for Will & Grace) can also be seen in Lovelace; Jon Favreau’s Chef, alongside Scarlett Johansson and Robert Downey Jr.; and the upcoming Al Pacino movie Imagine. [Deadline]
READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Sigourney Weaver in talks to lead the Shadowhunters; Plus, Joan Cusack, James Marsden join Kristen Wiig comedy, more
• The franchise business can be a funny one. Save for a few clips here and there, the world has yet to see — let alone weigh in on — the first film adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s The Mortal Instruments series, which opens on August 21, but the filmmakers are already gearing up to start shooting the second installment in October. Sigourney Weaver is in negotiations to play one of the few new roles that appear in City of Ashes, the second book in Clare’s series about a normal girl (played by Lily Collins) who finds out she’s actually a Shadowhunter, or, a race of sort-of humans who protect the world from werewolves, vampires, and other mystical creatures. Weaver would play the leader of the Shadowhunters out for vengeance against the man who killed her son. [THR]
Two badasses — played by Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg — banter in a car and then (bam!) they rob a bank and then afterward try to (bang!) double-cross the other before realizing (boom!) that they are both, in actuality, good guys.
Welcome to 2 Guns, about a DEA agent and a Naval Intelligence officer who are forced to work together even though, obviously, they’re complete opposites. Washington and Wahlberg wrestle with and then shoot at one another, more than once. A woman held hostage cries. James Marsden wears glasses.
Check out the full-length trailer for the summer shoot-em-up flick below.
• It’s a Transformers reunion: Megan Fox is joining Michael Bay‘s TMNT reboot. Bay, who is producing the movie, announced the news on his blog with the simple, one-sentence post, “TMNT: we are bringing Megan Fox back into the family!” EW has confirmed that Fox will play April O’Neil, the Turtles’ human friend, and that the movie is set to start shooting this spring. Fox has spoken publicly about her on-set friction with Bay – she once said the blockbuster mastermind is “like Hitler on his sets” – but now, lucky for Michelangelo and co. (or not so lucky, depending on whom you ask), it looks like Fox and Bay have patched things up. [Michaelbay.com]
• Adam Sandler is switching up his schedule. His comic Western Ridiculous 6 will be delayed as a result of Sandler signing on to star in an untitled romantic comedy about a blended family. Drew Barrymore is being considered for the female lead. The film is being developed at Warner Bros., and will now also be produced by Sandler’s company, Happy Madison. [Variety, Deadline]
Casting Net: Terrence Howard joins mega ensemble 'Prisoners.' Plus: Ty Burrell in 'Muppets' sequel, James Marsden
• Terrence Howard has joined the A-list stuffed ensemble Prisoners alongside Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Melissa Leo, Viola Davis, Paul Dano, and Maria Bello, about a carpenter (Jackman) whose daughter and her best friend are kidnapped, and then goes rogue trying to find them, going head-to-head with a detective (Gyllenhaal). French-Canadian Denis Villeneuve, known for 2010’s Oscar-nominated Incendies, is directing from a screenplay by Aaron Guzikowski (Contraband). [Deadline]
READ FULL STORY
Want to see some of your sentimental favorites get really, totally, completely NSFW dirty?
The trailer for Bachelorette, which is obviously going to remind everyone about that other R-rated gal pal wedding film, is a movie about a debauchery-filled bachelorette party that features Adam Scott, Lizzy Caplan, Isla Fisher, Kirsten Dunst and even Bridesmaids alum Rebel Wilson reciting their filthiest lines and partaking in some seriously questionable behavior.
Judging by the trailer, it’ll be a Hangover-esque romp where most of the action takes place on one ill-fated night. The film generated some buzz at Sundance earlier this year and was produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay. Bridesmaids fans, get ready: Bachelorette will clearly also have a very memorable airplane scene (Janis Ian would be intrigued!)
Check out the NSFW trailer below: READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Will Arnett to play Batman...in Lego form. Plus: James Woods, Catherine Keener, James Marsden
• James Woods, Ron Eldard, Lesley Ann Warren, and John Getz (The Social Network) have joined jOBS, the indie biopic about Apple co-founder Steve Jobs (Ashton Kutcher), the filmmakers announced on Tuesday. Eldard will play Apple designer Rod Holt; Getz and Warren, Jobs’ adoptive parents Paul and and Clara Jobs; and Woods, Jobs’ onetime Dean of Students Jack Dudman. Josh Gad, Lukas Haas, Matthew Modine, and Dermot Mulroney costar; Joshua Michael Stern (Swing Vote) is directing.
• Catherine Keener will star opposite Mark Ruffalo in Can a Song Save Your Life?, the music-driven drama starring Keira Knightley as a struggling musician who meets up with Ruffalo’s struggling music producer. Keener will play Ruffalo’s estranged wife, but no word on whether she is also struggling. Hailee Steinfeld and Adam Levine costar, and John Carney (Once) will direct. [Deadline]
• James Marsden will play a naval commander with the unenviable job of giving Mark Wahlberg orders in Two Guns. Wahlberg and Denzel Washington play a Navy SEAL and DEA agent, respectively, who work together to steal money from the CIA not realizing the other is an undercover government agent. Baltasar Kormakur (Contraband) is directing. [Variety]
• Dermot Mulroney and Josh Henderson (TNT’s Dallas) have signed up for the indie thriller Swelter, about a quartet of fugitive convicts who come to a California small town seeking a fifth associate who absconded with $10 million. Director Keith Parmer (Mob Rules) also penned the script. [Variety]
Casting Net: Angela Bassett, Aaron Eckhart join ‘Olympus Has Fallen.’ Plus: Derek Luke, Ron Livingston, Kristen Schaal
Casting Net: Colin Firth, Cate Blanchett attached to Barbra Streisand-directed drama. Plus: Charlie Sheen, Reese Witherspoon, Maya Rudolph
Casting Net: Jim Parsons, Rihanna to give voice to ‘Happy Smekday!’ Plus: Jason Schwartzman, Rob Reiner, Edgar Ramirez
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Vampire Diaries' date night? Watch Damon ask Elena out in sneak peek
- 'Game of Thrones' creators watching the show in IMAX: Why it's 'the way it's really meant to be seen'
- Super Bowl matchup in Budweiser ad: Puppy vs. wolf (and the Clydesdales win)
- 'Party Down South' season 3 peek: Meet Hannah, the new hell-raiser
- 'Walking Dead': Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita super-intense in new photos
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's Anatomy': 'we need an infusion of men'
- 'Arrow' costar Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'lucky, excited, grateful, thrilled'
- 'Parenthood': 10 best episodes
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita look super-intense in new 'Walking Dead' photos -- exclusive
- Budweiser's Super Bowl ad again features adorable puppy, horses