How to Train Your Dragon 3 is just one of many DreamWorks Animation films being pushed back as it cuts down its feature film production from three films a year, to two.
Tag: Jeffrey Katzenberg (1-3 of 3)
Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg, and David Geffen — the Hollywood luminaries who founded DreamWorks SKG 18 years ago this week — have each donated $30 million to the Motion Picture & Television Fund, the Hollywood charity that provides financial assistance, medical services, and retirement facilities to industry professionals.
“It becomes very personal when someone you know or have worked with is cared for at ‘the Home’ or a crew member is helped financially by MPTF,” said Spielberg in a statement. “The mission ‘we take care of our own’ is suddenly very real and tangible, and so this new donation is an extension of what we have been doing for a number of years to support that mission.”
The donations are part of a $350 million campaign to shore up the endowment for the MPTF, which was founded 90 years ago by Hollywood legends like Charlie Chaplin, Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, and D.W. Griffith.
Katzenberg is also chairman of the MPTF Foundation.
Stuntman Hal Needham boasts in his autobiography that he “broke 56 bones, my back twice, punctured a lung and knocked out a few teeth.”
Those are the trophies from a life spent falling off horses, crashing cars, and plummeting from buildings for the sake of the movies. Now he can add a less painful one to the list — an honorary Academy Award.
Needham, 81, is one of four Hollywood figures selected late Wednesday to receive an honorary Oscar from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences at the upcoming Governors Awards, joining documentarian D.A. Pennebaker, American Film Institute founder George Stevens, Jr., and DreamWorks Animation chief Jeffrey Katzenberg.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead': Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita super-intense in new photos
- 'Ghostbusters' director shows us who he's gonna call
- 'Parenthood': 10 best episodes
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's Anatomy': 'we need an infusion of men'
- 'Arrow' costar Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'lucky, excited, grateful, thrilled'
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl ad animal rights activists called 'cruel and irresponsible'
- 'The Flash' boss answers burning Q's: 'We think it makes sense, hopefully you all will too'
- 'The Flash,' 'Supernatural'; 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce'; more TV recaps
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl ad after animal rights activists call it 'cruel'
- Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy lead Paul Feig's 'Ghostbusters' reboot