There have been umpteen adaptations of Stephen King’s works, but very few arrived with a screenplay penned by the Top Dog of Terror himself. One that does is A Good Marriage, the tale of a terrible family secret.
Tag: Joan Allen (1-4 of 4)
Casting Net: Nicolas Cage attached to vigilante thriller 'I Am Wrath.' Plus: Joan Allen boards Stephen King adaptation
• Joan Allen has signed onto the domestic thriller A Good Marriage, an adaptation of a 2010 Stephen King novella about a wife and mother who discovers her husband of two decades is a serial killer. Peter Askin (Company Man) will direct from King’s screenplay. [THR]
• Caleb Landry Jones (X-Men: First Class) is in talks to star in Queen and Country, director John Boorman‘s sequel to his 1987 Oscar-nominated WWII film Hope and Glory. The new film would follow the lead boy, Bill, now a young man who gets drafted into the Korean War. Boorman, who penned the semi-autobiographical screenplay, would take the directing reins once more. [Variety]
• Misty Upham (Frozen River) has joined the cast of the feature adaptation of the Pulitzer Prize-winning August: Osage County, as the Native American college student who begins working for and living in the house of family matriarch Violet Weston (Meryl Streep). John Wells (The Company Men) is directing from a script by the play’s author Tracy Letts. [Variety]
Casting Net: Cynthia Nixon set to play poet Emily Dickinson. Plus: Sean Bean, Tom Wilkinson, Peter Facinelli
Casting Net: Nic Cage is ‘Joe’ and Heather Locklear gets ‘Scary.’ Plus: Alec Baldwin, Tom Felton, Juno Temple, more
Casting Net: Bruce Willis aiming to play CIA agent in ‘American Assassin.’ Plus: Chris Evans, Michelle Monaghan, Christopher Plummer
With her sleekly-styled hair and outspoken support of her husband, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, Ann Romney makes her debut Tuesday night at the Republican National Convention as one in a long line of would-be first ladies.
While the phrase “behind every great man there’s a great woman” may seem quaintly archaic by modern standards, when it comes to presidential biopics, those married to the president can be just as politically and emotionally fierce as the men they stick by — and stand up to.
Here are some memorable Republican first ladies from movie biopics about the Commander-in-Chief:
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'