It might actually be easier to retrieve a skyscraper from the villainous hands of Alan Rickman than to have avoided seeing an action film produced by Joel Silver, whose blockbuster credits merely begin with The Matrix, Lethal Weapon, and — yes — Die Hard. Silver’s most recent hit was the Jaume Collet-Serra-directed Non-Stop, which stars Julianne Moore, Lupita Nyong’o, and, of course, Liam Neeson in the lead role of an air marshal desperate to figure out who is orchestrating the deaths of people on a transatlantic flight. To mark this week’s release of the film on DVD and Blu-ray, Silver talked to Entertainment Weekly about the movie, the likelihood of a non-plane-set sequel, and why his 12-year-old son probably deserves an increase in his allowance.
Tag: Joel Silver (1-2 of 2)
Universal’s Non-Stop, starring Liam Neeson, has set its theatrical release date for February 21, 2014.
The Joel Silver-produced action thriller is set almost entirely within the cabin of a plane traveling from New York to London. As the U.S. Air Marshal on board, Neeson’s character begins to receive a series of text messages threatening to kill passengers unless the anonymous terrorist gets $150 million delivered to an off-shore account. Everyone on board is suddenly a suspect, including Neeson’s seat mate, played by Julianne Moore, and Michelle Dockery as a flight attendant.
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' recap: 'It's Like a Booze Cruise With Knowledge'
- 'Bachelor' recap: Like a camping virgin
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?
- Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo comedy among 4 new ABC pilots
- NBC pilot orders for Monica Potter comedy, 'Sharing' from Jimmy Fallon
- 'Jane the Virgin'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'The Originals'; 'Gotham'; more TV recaps
- 'Secretary' re-release trailer/poster: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' roots are showing
- SAG and Producers Guild shake up Oscar odds in Best Picture, Best Actor races