It might actually be easier to retrieve a skyscraper from the villainous hands of Alan Rickman than to have avoided seeing an action film produced by Joel Silver, whose blockbuster credits merely begin with The Matrix, Lethal Weapon, and — yes — Die Hard. Silver’s most recent hit was the Jaume Collet-Serra-directed Non-Stop, which stars Julianne Moore, Lupita Nyong’o, and, of course, Liam Neeson in the lead role of an air marshal desperate to figure out who is orchestrating the deaths of people on a transatlantic flight. To mark this week’s release of the film on DVD and Blu-ray, Silver talked to Entertainment Weekly about the movie, the likelihood of a non-plane-set sequel, and why his 12-year-old son probably deserves an increase in his allowance.
Tag: Joel Silver (1-2 of 2)
Universal’s Non-Stop, starring Liam Neeson, has set its theatrical release date for February 21, 2014.
The Joel Silver-produced action thriller is set almost entirely within the cabin of a plane traveling from New York to London. As the U.S. Air Marshal on board, Neeson’s character begins to receive a series of text messages threatening to kill passengers unless the anonymous terrorist gets $150 million delivered to an off-shore account. Everyone on board is suddenly a suspect, including Neeson’s seat mate, played by Julianne Moore, and Michelle Dockery as a flight attendant.
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Jon Stewart on 'Rosewater': 'a love letter to expression'
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi gunning for Axons and Cybermen?
- Dick Smith: Remembering a movie makeup effects legend
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-4
- 'Big Brother' recap: Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Project Runway' recap: Unconventional movie night
- 'Honorable Woman': Thriller deals deftly with a complex subject
- STAHP in the name of love 966
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 376
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Other DC Comics characters we want on 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- New 'Interstellar' trailer shows off film's amazing visuals