It might actually be easier to retrieve a skyscraper from the villainous hands of Alan Rickman than to have avoided seeing an action film produced by Joel Silver, whose blockbuster credits merely begin with The Matrix, Lethal Weapon, and — yes — Die Hard. Silver’s most recent hit was the Jaume Collet-Serra-directed Non-Stop, which stars Julianne Moore, Lupita Nyong’o, and, of course, Liam Neeson in the lead role of an air marshal desperate to figure out who is orchestrating the deaths of people on a transatlantic flight. To mark this week’s release of the film on DVD and Blu-ray, Silver talked to Entertainment Weekly about the movie, the likelihood of a non-plane-set sequel, and why his 12-year-old son probably deserves an increase in his allowance.
Tag: Joel Silver (1-2 of 2)
Universal’s Non-Stop, starring Liam Neeson, has set its theatrical release date for February 21, 2014.
The Joel Silver-produced action thriller is set almost entirely within the cabin of a plane traveling from New York to London. As the U.S. Air Marshal on board, Neeson’s character begins to receive a series of text messages threatening to kill passengers unless the anonymous terrorist gets $150 million delivered to an off-shore account. Everyone on board is suddenly a suspect, including Neeson’s seat mate, played by Julianne Moore, and Michelle Dockery as a flight attendant.
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 19 TV Shows We'll Be Checking Out in 2015