• Step Brothers and Talladega Nights co-stars Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are in talks to re-team for Sony’s Border Guards. The comedic duo would play a pair of friends who decide to become boarder guards and end up stranded in Mexico with no way to get back. Their longtime collaborator Adam McKay may direct, and The Thick of It‘s Jesse Armstrong is writing the script. [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
Tag: John C. Reilly (1-6 of 6)
When you lose someone special, it’s rather common to feel severe pangs of regret. Regret that you held back, that you never told that person how you really felt when they were still alive. If only you could go back — or if they could come back — for just one more day or even one last moment together.
In Life After Beth, which premieres on Jan. 19 at the Sundance Film Festival, Zach (Dane DeHaan) gets that opportunity. His dead girlfriend (Aubrey Plaza) has been miraculously resurrected and she has no memory of her recent demise. She looks as fresh and pure as a minister’s daughter on Sunday, but Zach isn’t yet ready to praise Jesus. After all, one person’s “resurrected” is another person’s, um, zombie.
In this exclusive video from the horror-comedy, Beth’s parents (John C. Reilly and Molly Shannon) deem that contradiction a minor semantic quibble. For Zach, he’s stuck in the rarely diagnosed stage of grief some medical professionals describe as Freaked Out. READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Jamie Foxx in talks to play Martin Luther King, Jr., Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly to re-team, and more movie news
• Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx (Ray) is in talks to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a biopic for Warner Bros. and DreamWorks. Fellow Oscar-winner and biographical film enthusiast Oliver Stone (Born on the Fourth of July) is also in talks to direct. Chasing Mavericks scribe Kario Salem penned the most recent version of the script, and Steven Spielberg will reportedly produce. [The Wrap]
John C. Reilly is maybe going to be in the Anchorman sequel, Anchorman: The Legend Continues. Or not.
The film, which is in production, has been tight-lipped about most details regarding its plot and full cast — but it did put out a casting call for a John C. Reilly lookalike, leading to Internet speculation that Reilly would be reuniting with his Step Brothers co-star alongside already-booked stars Kristen Wiig, Christina Applegate, Steve Carell, and Paul Rudd.
Reps for the film, however, will only confirm that they were indeed looking for a lookalike, saying in a statement, “We were looking for a stand-in for lighting purposes who looks like John C. Reilly. We always demand that every stand-in looks like John C. Reilly.” READ FULL STORY
Will Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph be a crossover success, appealing to both old-school video game nerds and today’s hyper-stimulated kids? We won’t know for sure until the movie’s release — but judging from this first clip, Ralph looks pretty darn charming.
The film follows the titular character (John C. Reilly), the villain of a retro Donkey Kong-esque game, as he embarks on a game-hopping quest to prove that he can be a hero. In the all-candy world of Sugar Rush, he meets pint-sized Vanellope von Schweetz — a go-kart racer with the mischievous, pinched voice of Sarah Silverman. Ralph and Vanellope’s sweet/tart meet-cute is the subject of the video below:
Can you imagine Ganon from The Legend of Zelda saying this? Or Bowser from Super Mario Bros.? Or the centipede from… Centipede?
It’s literally in their programming for video game villains to be troublemakers, but in the new trailer for Walt Disney Animation’s Wreck-It Ralph, the smash-loving antagonist in an 8-bit 1980s arcade game decides to prove there is more to him than just 25 cents worth of mayhem. Of course, it creates tremendous controversy in their pixelated world. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Captain America 2' is No. 1 Friday: $9.6M
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- Prince surprises fans with a new single
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- 'Orphan Black': Tatiana Maslany 'high octane' promise
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Lost' exec producer Carlton Cuse looks back at plotting the finale -- and picks TV's best goodbye
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…