It is a nice coincidence that the trailer for a new documentary about filmmaker John Milius should arrive as the Big Lebowski is celebrating its 15th anniversary, given the writer-director was one of the inspirations for John Goodman’s war-obsessed gun nut Walter Sobchak. But the clip for Milius also serves as a reminder that that piece of trivia is one of the less interesting things about this larger-than-life character who brought us Big Wednesday, Conan the Barbarian, Dillinger, and Red Dawn, and who also cowrote Apocalypse Now and had a hand in penning the U.S.S. Indianapolis monologue in Jaws.
Tag: John Milius (1-2 of 2)
Now that rapper RZA’s directorial debut The Man With the Iron Fists is out in theaters this Friday, he’s a man in demand.
EW.com can confirm that the Wu-Tang Clan leader is set to direct not just one, but two, upcoming films: Genghis Khan, a biopic about the famed Mongol warrior, from a script by John Milius, who is also executive producing with Andre Morgan and Peter Lam as co-producers, and action thriller No Man’s Land, from a script by Trey Ellis and David Klass, with Pandemonium’s Bill Mechanic and Reginald Hudlin (Django Unchained) producing.
Latest Videos in Movies
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Bridge' canceled by FX
- 'Flash,' 'Jane the Virgin' get full season pickups from the CW
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- Halloween countdown/poll: 5 best zombie movies
- 'Marry Me' sneak peek: Watch Ken Marino 'eye cuddle' with Casey Wilson
- 'Blacklist'; 'DWTS'; 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'Originals'; 'Voice'; 'Gotham'; more recaps