It is a nice coincidence that the trailer for a new documentary about filmmaker John Milius should arrive as the Big Lebowski is celebrating its 15th anniversary, given the writer-director was one of the inspirations for John Goodman’s war-obsessed gun nut Walter Sobchak. But the clip for Milius also serves as a reminder that that piece of trivia is one of the less interesting things about this larger-than-life character who brought us Big Wednesday, Conan the Barbarian, Dillinger, and Red Dawn, and who also cowrote Apocalypse Now and had a hand in penning the U.S.S. Indianapolis monologue in Jaws.
Tag: John Milius (1-2 of 2)
Now that rapper RZA’s directorial debut The Man With the Iron Fists is out in theaters this Friday, he’s a man in demand.
EW.com can confirm that the Wu-Tang Clan leader is set to direct not just one, but two, upcoming films: Genghis Khan, a biopic about the famed Mongol warrior, from a script by John Milius, who is also executive producing with Andre Morgan and Peter Lam as co-producers, and action thriller No Man’s Land, from a script by Trey Ellis and David Klass, with Pandemonium’s Bill Mechanic and Reginald Hudlin (Django Unchained) producing.
Latest Videos in Movies
- Donny on his 'Big Brother' fate: 'Team America voted me out'
- Julie Chen takes 4 'Big Brother' Q's: 'Christine's husband has every right to be upset'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'Arrow' finds its Cupid: Amy Gumenick as lethal lovestruck fan
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Sheldon's train took him to...
- 'Walking Dead': New EW character portraits
- Jon Stewart says Hugh Grant was worst 'Daily Show' guest ever; Grant agrees
- Norman Reedus' Personal 'Walking Dead' Photo Album
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- 'Walking Dead': New EW Character Portraits
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Where did Sheldon go on the train?