It is a nice coincidence that the trailer for a new documentary about filmmaker John Milius should arrive as the Big Lebowski is celebrating its 15th anniversary, given the writer-director was one of the inspirations for John Goodman’s war-obsessed gun nut Walter Sobchak. But the clip for Milius also serves as a reminder that that piece of trivia is one of the less interesting things about this larger-than-life character who brought us Big Wednesday, Conan the Barbarian, Dillinger, and Red Dawn, and who also cowrote Apocalypse Now and had a hand in penning the U.S.S. Indianapolis monologue in Jaws.
Tag: John Milius (1-2 of 2)
Now that rapper RZA’s directorial debut The Man With the Iron Fists is out in theaters this Friday, he’s a man in demand.
EW.com can confirm that the Wu-Tang Clan leader is set to direct not just one, but two, upcoming films: Genghis Khan, a biopic about the famed Mongol warrior, from a script by John Milius, who is also executive producing with Andre Morgan and Peter Lam as co-producers, and action thriller No Man’s Land, from a script by Trey Ellis and David Klass, with Pandemonium’s Bill Mechanic and Reginald Hudlin (Django Unchained) producing.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' season 5 im-posters: We retrofit classic promo art style to each episode
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 22 'shop 'til you drop!' movies
- John Hughes: 12 essential films from director of a Thanksgiving classic
- 'Star Wars' trailer wish list: VII things we hope to see
- Thanksgiving Day Parade recap: EW's play-by-play
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister