After John Travolta introduced Frozen singer Idina Menzel as “Adela Dazeem” during Sunday night’s Oscars telecast, the actor didn’t say anything about the incident for almost two days. Now he’s speaking out — and this time, he’s not leaving any room for a slip of the tongue. READ FULL STORY
Tag: John Travolta (1-5 of 5)
Casting Net: Andrew Garfield teams up with Scorsese; Plus James Franco joins 3-D Wim Wenders drama, more
• Martin Scorsese has found a new leading man in Andrew Garfield (The Amazing Spider-Man) for his feature Silence, based on Shusaku Endo’s 1966 Japanese-language novel. The fictional story follows a 17th century Portuguese Jesuit missionary to Japan. Ken Watanabe (Inception) also stars in the film, which will be largely shot in Japanese. At one point, Daniel Day-Lewis and Benicio del Toro were going to star in the film. [Variety]
• James Franco is set to join Paris, Texas director Wim Wenders’ upcoming drama Everything Will Be Fine, about a writer who kills a child accidentally. The story will follow Thomas (Franco) for 12 years after the accident as he attempts to live a normal life. Sarah Polley (Splice) also stars. Wenders plans to make the film in 3-D — his second using the format. His first was the 2011 Oscar-nominated documentary Pina. [THR]
The holidays are coming early this year for the discerning cinephile in your life.
Arriving Nov. 20, Tarantino XX contains eight films chosen by Quentin Tarantino to illustrate the first 20 years of his career. The Blu-ray set includes Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill Vol. 1, Kill Bill Vol. 2, Death Proof, and Inglourious Basterds. Yes, yes, True Romance was directed by Tony Scott, but Tarantino wrote the script.
Tarantino XX will also feature two bonus discs with five hours of all-new material, highlighted by a critics’ retrospective and interviews with stars and other masters of cinema.
Check out the promotional trailer below. Remember: Shoot first, ask questions later. READ FULL STORY
Steven Spielberg talked movies with Harvey Weinstein. John Travolta chatted with Bradley Cooper. Dustin Hoffman and Jack Black shared cellphone photos.
Those stars, along with Kerry Washington, Jennifer Lawrence, Kelsey Grammer, Christina Hendricks, and others, lit up the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s annual summer luncheon Thursday at the Beverly Hills Hotel, where the group behind the Golden Globe Awards presented grants and introduced its officers for the coming year. READ FULL STORY
'Savages': Taylor Kitsch on Oliver Stone's drug thriller, and Blake Lively's unusual role -- TRAILER
Finishing out the Taylor Kitsch high-wire hat trick of 2012, Oliver Stone’s Savages promises no rickety airships, no alien hordes, no massive CG nautical warfare. Instead, the hard-edged thriller, adapted from Don Winslow’s novel of the same name, focuses on a much more earth-bound type of pyrotechnics, with Kitsch and Aaron Johnson (Kick Ass) playing pot dealers who take on a lethal Mexican drug cartel.
“We’re this boutique-y kind of beyond A-grade marijuana dealers that have a low profile, more or less, and keep it that way on purpose,” Kitsch tells EW. ”[The cartel] is basically Walmart. They come in, and they’re like, ‘Hey, we want your business.’ I don’t want to give it up. And Johnson, who plays this Buddhist, he wants to give it up — basically, [the] last thing he wants is anything violent to go down. And the first thing I want is to engage.”
Engage, they do. Check out the trailer, and Kitsch’s thoughts on the special romantic arrangement between Kitsch, Johnson, and Blake Lively’s characters, below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Saving Mr. Banks': A key scene we didn't see
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': Marcia Gay Harden's inside dish
- 'Bachelor' deleted scene: Juan Pablo's 'ring' of truth
- Mike Judge previews 'Silicon Valley'
- 'Simpsons': Inside Sunday's Marcia Wallace tribute
- 'Orphan Black': New 60-second trailer
- 'True Detective' creator Nic Pizzolatto talks finale
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- 'True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying…
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO
- '24: Live Another Day': Jack Bauer warns of a 'world war' -- VIDEO
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more