• Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Don Jon) is nearing a deal to produce a big screen adaptation of Sandman and is rumored to be in talks to direct and star in the comic book adaptation as the character Morpheus. David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight) is penning the adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s classic graphic novel for Warner Bros. Gordon-Levitt can be seen next in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (out Aug. 22, 2014). [Deadline; BadassDigest]
Tag: Judy Greer (1-4 of 4)
Everyone has a movie they saw too young. It’s basically a rite of passage — being self-aware enough to know that what you’re watching is beyond your years, but suffering through it anyway. Why do you think we include it in our Pop Culture Personality Tests?
At the Los Angeles premiere of Carrie, director Kimberly Peirce’s re-imagining of Stephen King’s 1974 horror classic (and Brian De Palma’s 1976 film), stars Chloë Moretz, Julianne Moore, and Judy Greer recounted their own tales of the movies that traumatized them in their youth.
Casting Net: Judy Greer headed for 'Tomorrowland'?; Plus, 'Gossip Girl' alum tries Shakespeare, more
• George Clooney and Judy Greer have been working together for over 14 years: First in 1999′s Three Kings, then in 2011′s The Descendents, and now, they may be re-teaming for Disney’s Tomorrowland. Directed by Brad Bird with a script from Damon Lindelof and EW’s own Jeff Jensen, the secretive project also stars Hugh Laurie and Britt Robinson. Greer has made a career of playing quirky character roles and best friend parts in romantic comedies since she broke out in 1999 with the dark comedy Jawbreaker and the aforementioned Three Kings. As for what’s next, Greer has a role in the Carrie update with Julianne Moore and Chloe Moretz, which hits theaters Oct. 18, and is currently filming Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. [Deadline]
READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Jean Dujardin to work with 'The Wolf of Wall Street.' Plus: Adam Levine, Benicio Del Toro, Dermot Mulroney
• Adam Levine, Maroon 5 frontman and sassy judge/mentor on The Voice, is venturing into the world of feature film acting, signing on to star in Can a Song Save Your Life, the next film from Once director John Carney. Levine will play the not-so-nice musician boyfriend to Keira Knightley‘s character. Mark Ruffalo and Hailee Steinfeld costar. [Deadline]
• Benicio Del Toro will play the title role in Jimmy Picard, based on the non-fiction book Psychotherapy of a Plains Indian, about a Native American WWII vet who befriends a French psychiatrist (Mathieu Amalric, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly). Arnaud Desplechin (A Christmas Tale) will direct. [Deadline]
• Dermot Mulroney has joined Jobs, the currently filming indie biopic of Apple Computer co-founder Steve Jobs (Ashton Kutcher). He’ll play Mike Markkula, one of the earliest investors in the Silicon Valley company. Joshua Michael Stern (Swing Vote) is directing from a script by first-time feature screenwriter Matt Whiteley. [Deadline]
• Judy Greer (The Descendants) and Portia Doubleday (Youth in Revolt) have signed on to director Kimberly Peirce‘s remake of Stephen King’s novel Carrie. Greer will play gym teacher Miss Collins, one of the only characters who’s kind to Carrie White (Chloe Moretz); and Doubleday will play Chris Hargensen, the ringleader of the popular kids who torment Carrie. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Charlize Theron to enter ‘Murder Mystery.’ Plus: Bill Paxton, Amy Ryan, Dane DeHaan
Casting Net: Hugh Laurie to battle ‘RoboCop.’ Plus: Lindsay Lohan, John Stamos, Justin Bartha
Casting Net: Chris Hemsworth boarding ‘In the Heart of the Sea.’ Plus: Stephen Colbert, Ray Winstone, Anton Yelchin
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Arrow' shocker: Talk about 'Seeing Red'
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'John From Cincinnati': Why not ready for Prime time?
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- TV clip shows: 5 all-time standouts
- 'Mean Girls' star comes out in letter to his character
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- 'Orange Is the New Black' is on the new EW cover
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 651
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 494
- Slaves to Love 464
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 508
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE