• Julianne Nicholson (August: Osage County) and Emily Mortimer (The Newsroom) have joined the coming-of-age pic Ten Thousand Saints, set in the ’80s in New York City’s Lower East Side. American Splendor directing team Bob Pulcini and Shari Berman have assembled a fairly big cast for the project including Ethan Hawke, Emile Hirsch, and Ender’s Game co-stars Asa Butterfield and Hailee Steinfeld. Mortimer will be playing Hawke’s girlfriend and Steinfeld’s mother, while Nicholson has been cast as Hawke’s ex-wife and mother of Butterfield. [THR]
Tag: Julianne Nicholson (1-2 of 2)
Casting Net: 'The Avengers' star Clark Gregg assembling killer cast for 'Trust Me.' Plus: Gael Garcia Bernal to play AIDS patient
• Gael Garcia Bernal is negotiating to star opposite Matthew McConaughey in The Dallas Buyer’s Club, about a Texas man with AIDS who starts smuggling drugs into the country to help fellow patients combat the disease. Bernal would play one of those patients. Jean-Marc Vallee (The Young Victoria) is directing from a script by Craig Borten and Melisa Wallack (Meet Bill), based on the real-life story of a man named Ron Woodroof. [THR]
• The cast for the big screen adaptation of the Pulitzer Prize-winning play August: Osage County is complete. Julianne Nicholson (Law and Order: Criminal Intent) will play Ivy Weston, the mousy middle daughter of Weston family matriarch Violet (Meryl Streep), who still lives in the same town as her parents and bears the brunt of her mother’s abuse. Julia Roberts and Juliette Lewis will play the eldest and youngest daughters, respectively, meaning either the Hollywood gods or director John Wells (The Company Men) have a real sly sense of humor. Benedict Cumberbatch, Ewan McGregor, Abigail Breslin, Dermot Mulroney, Chris Cooper, Margo Martindale, Sam Shepard, and Misty Upham (Frozen River) will costar. Playwright Tracy Letts also wrote the screenplay. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Seth Green to rock out in ‘The Identical.’ Plus: Aubrey Plaza, Anthony Mackie, Kevin Costner
Casting Net: Elijah Wood to be ‘The Late Bloomer.’ Plus: Miles Teller, Richard Madden
Casting Net: Wes Bentley, Brit Marling join Lincoln biopic ‘The Green Blade Rises.’ Plus: Martin Freeman, Judi Dench, Steve Coogan
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur': And the winner is...
- 'Survivor' season 30 scoop: Jeff Probst shares new details on 'Worlds Apart'
- 'Ascension' finale: Lost in space, or 'Lost' in space?
- 'The Interview' nixed for Xmas theatrical release by Sony
- 'The Interview' gets the hook; would a 'prestige' film have been pulled just the same?
- 'The 100'; 'Top Chef'; more TV recaps
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': 10 things Andy Serkis can say now
- Peter Jackson and 'The Hobbit': Three-peating himself--until one shining moment at the end?
- 'The Voice' Season 7 winner is...
- 'The Voice' season finale recap: Live Finale
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst names the two favorites to win heading into tonight's finale
- Jason Reitman re-staging 'The Empire Strikes Back' with Aaron…
- 'Mythbusters' tackling 'The Simpsons' in season premiere -- exclusive