Six weeks after Universal postponed Jurassic Park 4 from its prime summer-2014 release date — sparking fears that the sequel from Safety Not Guaranteed director Colin Trevorrow might be on shaky ground — the studio is poised to announce that the movie will arrive in 2015. ComingSoon.net snapped a photo of a Jurassic Park banner at Licensing Expo 2013 in Las Vegas yesterday that seemed to indicate that dinosaurs will roam the multiplex again — just one year later than originally planned. Universal confirmed the release date news, as well as the report that Jurassic Park 4 will be filmed in 3-D.
Tag: Jurassic Park 4 (1-4 of 4)
Though Jurassic Park 4 recently found its director with Safety Not Guaranteed director Colin Trevorrow, the film just lost its release. In a statement today, Universal announced that it’s moving the film from its June 13, 2014 release to “a later date” — though the studio “could not be more excited” for the film’s vision. Earlier this year the project appeared to be gaining steam again, with original helmer Steven Spielberg on board as executive producer alongside producer Frank Marshall and a script from Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, who rebooted the Planet of the Apes franchise.
No new release date has been set. Read the full statement below:
From low-budget time travel to big-budget dinosaurs.
Colin Trevorrow has scored quite the massive follow-up gig to his charming indie Safety Not Guaranteed: He will direct Jurassic Park 4, Universal announced Thursday. READ FULL STORY
Looks like you’ll have a little longer to work on your Raphael costume. Paramount Pictures has pushed the release date of the Michael Bay Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot (where they’re all aliens) to June 6, 2014, EW has confirmed. The movie was originally scheduled for release on May 16, 2014.
It’s been a controversial road for Bay’s reboot, with many fans remaining worried about his changes from the original show. The project also made headlines after Megan Fox was cast in the role of April O’Neil. Some PopWatchers believed that Anna Kendrick would be better for the role, but sadly we were not consulted.
The movie now comes out just one week before the cautiously-anticipated Jurassic Park 4.
Four reasons why Megan Fox will make a great April O’Neil in ‘TMNT’
12 Lies the ‘Ninja Turtles’ Told Us
‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ reboot gets new title: ‘Just give them a chance’ pleads Michael Bay
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'SNL' adds Leslie Jones as cast member
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
- Disney announces 2016 release for animated feature 'Moana'
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of 'Walking Dead'?
- 'Gotham' costume secrets: Revealing details you may have missed
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: A pecs-tacular shirtless week
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack to be released on cassette tapes