• With a title like The Prince, die-hard Bruce Willis fans might worry that he’s decided to go from blue collar to blue blood. Thankfully, it’s a little misleading. Armenian director Sarik Andreasyan (American Heist) will tell the story of a retired Las Vegas mobster who must return to the city when he discovers that his teenage daughter is missing. Willis will play the man who has been cautiously awaiting the return of the mob enforcer. Filming will begin in New Orleans in October. Willis’s next scheduled release is Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, which hits theaters Aug. 22, 2014. [Deadline]
Tag: Katee Sackhoff (1-3 of 3)
September 6 sees the release of Riddick, a sequel-slash-kinda-sorta-reboot of the franchise that began in the R-rated space-horror gem Pitch Black and continued in the PG-13 actioner The Chronicles of Riddick. The new film marks a return to the series’ roots. Once again, Vin Diesel’s anti-hero finds himself marooned on a planet and bedeviled by various threats: Bounty hunters, vengeful old enemies, the occasional creatures.
In the exclusive image above, you can spot four of the film’s stars: Katee Sackhoff, Matthew Noble, Vin Diesel, and Vin Diesel’s muscles. Expect to learn more about Riddick next week, when Diesel and writer-director David Twohy headline the Riddick panel at Comic-Con.
Casting Net: Kim Basinger joins Paul Haggis' romantic drama 'The Third Person.' Plus: Patricia Clarkson, Katee Sackhoff.
• Kim Basinger has joined the cast of The Third Person, about the intertwining love stories of three couples in different cities, co-starring Liam Neeson. Oscar-winner Paul Haggis (Crash) is directing from his own script. Basinger will play Neeson’s wife in the film. Other names attached include Mila Kunis, Adrien Brody, Casey Affleck, Olivia Wilde, and James Franco. [THR]
• Patricia Clarkson and Zachary Booth (FX’s Damages) have signed onto the dark indie Last Weekend, about a couple on a summer holiday gone horribly awry with their two sons and friends at an estate overlooking Lake Tahoe. Tom Williams and Tom Dolby are making their feature directorial debut. Clarkson plays the wife at the center of the film, and Booth her son. [THR]
• Katee Sackhoff gained notice as Battlestar Galactica’s resident butt-kicker Starbuck, and now the fierce blonde has joined another strong woman-fronted project touted as the female version of The Expendables, alongside Haywire‘s breakout star Gina Carano. The film, written by Dutch Southern, still doesn’t have a director attached. [Variety]
For more film news Follow @solvej_schou
Casting Net: Samuel L. Jackson and Dominic Cooper face ‘Reasonable Doubt.’ Plus: Adam Brody, Trey Songs, Demian Bichir
Casting Net: ‘The Avengers’ star Clark Gregg assembling killer cast for ‘Trust Me.’ Plus: Gael Garcia Bernal to play AIDS patient
Casting Net: Seth Green to rock out in ‘The Identical.’ Plus: Aubrey Plaza, Anthony Mackie, Kevin Costner
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor': Ex-MLB pitcher John Rocker and girlfriend to play
- 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Bachelor in Paradise' recaps
- 'Sons of Anarchy' shares new, appropriately unsettling photos and portraits
- Emmys 2014: How it made a big year for TV feel small
- Chris Harrison on 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode 5 arrivals and departures
- Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' as Maleficent
- 'Simpsons' marathon guide: 11 great episodes from season 13 and later
- Homer Simpson takes the Ice Bucket Challenge
- New 'Sons of Anarchy' photos are appropriately unsettling
- 'Pretty Little Liars' season finale recap: 'Taking This One to the Grave'
- 'True Blood' star Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' for major arc
- Watch Sara Bareilles sing 'Smile' for the Emmys' In Memoriam segment
- The 55 Essential Movies Kids Must Experience (Before They Turn 13)