• After months of speculation, Mad Max: Fury Road star Tom Hardy has officially signed on for The Revenant alongside Leonardo DiCaprio. Based on the Michael Punke novel, Alejandro González Iñárritu (Babel) is directing a script he adapted with Mark L. Smith (The Hole) for a fall 2015 release. The 19th century-set film, which will also feature Will Poulter (We’re the Millers), follows the treacherous journey of a fur trapper seeking revenge against his betrayers. [The Hollywood Reporter] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Kellan Lutz (1-6 of 6)
In the upcoming The Legend of Hercules, Kellan Lutz’s Hercules is the son of Zeus, which means he’s an incredibly strong and a respected fighter. However, it doesn’t mean he gets to be with the woman he loves.
In the film’s newest trailer, all Hercules wants to do is be with his one true love, but it seems she’s supposed to marry his brother. So instead, a shirtless Hercules is left to fight, mud wrestle, and fight some more. The trailer states: “Before he was a legend, he was an ordinary man.” Well, if an ordinary man with extraordinary abs is trying to escape an arranged marriage.
Watch the trailer below:
READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Topher Grace in talks to take on time travel in 'Interstellar'; Plus, Danny McBride joins Cameron Crowe pic, more
• Topher Grace (Spider-Man 3) is in talks to join Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar in a supporting capacity. Naturally, no details were given about the nature of the role, but we’re hoping this could be the beginning of a Topher Grace career reboot. He has a number of projects in the works including The Invitation with Zachary Quinto, The Calling with Susan Sarandon, and A Many Splintered Thing with Aubrey Plaza and Chris Evans, a.k.a. April and not Andy. [Deadline]
• Rock musician Lenny Kravitz (The Hunger Games, Precious) will get it on as celebrated singer-songwriter Marvin Gaye in an untitled biopic about the final years of the musician’s life, when he moved to Europe to overcome his substance abuse and ended up penning one of his most indelible hits, “Sexual Healing.” Julien Temple (The Filth and the Fury) will direct. [Evening Standard/Deadline]
• Amy Smart, Terry Crews, Eddie Cibrian, and Nia Long have all signed up for Tyler Perry’s Single Mom’s Club, Lionsgate announced Monday. Wendi McLendon-Covey (Bridesmaids) and William Levy (of Dancing With the Stars fame) costar in a comedy about a group of single mothers who create a support group. As the needlessly possessive title suggests, Tyler Perry will direct from his script, and also star. Lionsgate has set the film for a May 9, 2014 release.
• Kellan Lutz (The Twilight Saga) will star in Tatua, about an assassin with the ability to use weapons tattooed on his skin, necessitating we see a great deal of his skin, which is why Kellan Lutz has a career. Visual effects artist Aaron Sims will make his feature directing debut from a script by Paul Layden. [Deadline]
• Minnie Driver, Alfred Molina, and Paul Adelstein (ABC’s Private Practice) will star in Return to Zero, an indie drama about a married couple (Driver and Adelstein) who navigate the terrifying consequences of a still born baby. Molina will play their doctor. Kathy Baker (Big Miracle), Andrea Anders (ABC’s Better Off Ted) and Sarah Jones (CBS’ Vegas) costar. Sean Hanish will direct from his script. [THR]
Casting Net: Laura Linney, James McAvoy circling Benedict Cumberbatch/WikiLeaks movie. Plus: Marisa Tomei, James Corden
Casting Net: Bryan Cranston joining thriller ‘Eye of Winter.’ Plus: Christopher Meloni, Richard Dreyfuss, Gloria Reuben
Casting Net: Charlize Theron signs on as doc narrator. Plus Liam Neeson, Bruce McGill
Casting Net: Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks sign on for 'Inevitable Defeat.' Plus: Kellan Lutz, Camilla Belle to play straight lovers in a gay world
• Sam Worthington is in preliminary negotiations to star opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger in Ten, an indie thriller about a corrupt DEA task force that absconds with a drug cartel’s money, only to have each member of the team die one at a time. David Ayer (Street Kings, this fall’s End of Watch) will direct. [Variety]
• Camilla Belle and Kellan Lutz are nearing deals to star as forbidden lovers in Love is All You Need?, a What If drama about a world in which homosexuality is commonplace and heterosexuality is taboo. Belle would play a star football quarterback (that’s not a typo); Lutz a journalist. Kim Rocco Shields will direct from a script she co-wrote with David Tillman, adapted from a similarly themed short film. [Variety]
Casting Net: Kenneth Branagh to play villain in (and direct) Jack Ryan film. Plus: Lena Headey, Abigail Breslin, Josh Holloway
Casting Net: Gwyneth Paltrow eyeing foodie pic ‘Blood, Bones, & Butter.’ Plus: Amy Adams, Robin Williams, Kevin Kline
Casting Net: Jeremy Renner eyeing David O. Russell drama. Plus: Daniel Radcliffe, Juliette Lewis, Johnny Depp
Latest Videos in Movies
- Paul Thomas Anderson's L.A. movies: Cinematic peaks nurtured in the Valley
- 15 real-world achievements by the fake 'Stephen Colbert'
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- 24 movies we're lining up for in 2015
- 19 TV shows we'll be checking out in 2015
- 20 albums we can't wait to hear in 2015
- 20 books we'll read in 2015
- Reese Witherspoon and Cheryl Strayed find the meaning of 'Wild'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst reacts to the winner, Reed's harsh comments, and the entire season
- 'Survivor' season finale recap: The Right Person Won
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' finale: And the winner is...
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Jeff Probst gives exclusive intel on NEXT season