If Iron Man 3 had been made by a young director who very few people had heard of, his name would now be on everyone’s lips in Hollywood, and not just because he delivered a big hit movie. They’d be talking about his eagerness and speed and raw talent, the dark flash of his visual style, the zigzag precision of his flair of violence, his way of making every performance count. They’d be talking about how this young director had infused a franchise blockbuster — a Part 3, no less, which usually means that a series, no matter how popular it is, is running low on creative octane — with the quality that so many comic-book movies have lacked: the feeling that what we’re seeing actually matters, that something is at stake beyond the global box-office grosses. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- Super Bowl ads of 2015: Watch the early arrivals here
- 'Vampire Diaries' date night? Watch Damon ask Elena out in sneak peek
- 'Empire' is on fire, but should we be sweating burn-out?
- 'Party Down South' season 3 peek: Meet Hannah, the new hell-raiser
- 'Parenthood': 10 best episodes
- 'Game of Thrones' creators watching the show in IMAX: Why it's 'the way it's really meant to be seen'
- 'Walking Dead': Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita super-intense in new photos
- 'Bachelor' seminar: Prof. Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' response to Britt
- Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' speech from 'The Bachelor'
- Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita look super-intense in new 'Walking Dead' photos -- exclusive
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'