• Wolf of Wall Street co-stars and Oscar nominees Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill are reportedly set to re-team for an Atlanta Olympics bombing drama based on the 1997 Vanity Fair article “The Ballad of Richard Jewell.” Fox acquired the rights to the article and planned to develop it for Hill, who would play Jewell, the janitor who reported the suspicious bag and was subsequently accused of being a potential suspect in the bombing. DiCaprio would play the attorney at his side. [Deadline]
Tag: Kit Harington (1-6 of 6)
A gladiator’s life is hard enough without having to deal with a devastating volcano eruption threatening to obliterate your city and kill the out-of-your-league girl you’ve fallen for.
Alas, that’s what Milo (Game of Thrones’ Kit Harington) is up against in Resident Evil director Paul W.S. Anderson’s Mount Vesuvius pic Pompeii. Check out the first official trailer for the 3-D epic after the jump to see a city crumble, Sucker Punch’s Emily Browning pout, and a minimally clothed Harington leap over a pile of burning wreckage on a white horse.
• Oscar-winners Reese Witherspoon (Walk the Line) and Robert De Niro (Raging Bull, The Godfather: Part II) are in negotiations to star in The Intern for writer-director Nancy Meyers (It’s Complicated). In the story, the founder of a thriving fashion website (Witherspoon) clashes with a man in the company’s Senior Internship Program (De Niro). Despite the generational differences, the two eventually bond. None have worked together on a feature film before. Tina Fey was attached to star in the project in 2012. [Deadline]
Hey Jon Snow, what’d you do with all your clothes?
Game of Thrones star Kit Harington has talked publicly about the physical transformation he undertook to play Milo, a slave turned gladiator, but little did we know he’d be so … exposed. We’re worlds away from The Wall.
As captivating as Harington’s physique might be, it’s hard to discern what exactly is going on in this exclusive first look at Resident Evil director Paul W.S. Anderson’s Mount Vesuvius pic Pompeii. Are those ashes? Where is he going? Is he coolly walking away from an erupting volcano? Did he forget his shirt? Thankfully, Harington took a few minutes to shed some light on why Milo is looking so surly and bare in this photo.
READ FULL STORY
A crow is joining the world of dragons.
Kit Harington, who plays the Night’s Watch-man Jon Snow on Game of Thrones, will voice a new character in How To Train Your Dragon 2, DreamWorks Animation announced at Comic-Con today.
Also joining the sequel’s cast is Cate Blanchett, who played elven guardian Galadriel in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies, and Djimon Hounsou, best known as the enslaved warrior Juba in Gladiator.
Casting Net: Cameron Diaz will be 'The Other Woman.' Plus: Chris Hemsworth, Sylvester Stallone, Viggo Mortensen
• Cameron Diaz is attached to play The Other Woman, a comedy about an unwitting mistress who, upon learning her boyfriend is really a married man, teams up with his wife for revenge. Kristen Wiig is also being considered for the film, though it’s unclear whether she would play the wife. Screenwriter Melissa Stack (who penned the Black Listed, but unproduced, I Want to F— Your Sister) penned the script. No director is yet set for the film. [TheWrap]
• Chris Hemsworth is set to star in Candy Store, a thriller from Syriana writer-director Stephen Gaghan about a former elite spook whose attempt to restart his life quietly in Brooklyn is cut short when he realizes his old enemy is alive in well in his new home. [TheWrap]
• Sylvester Stallone is setting aside the massive explosions for a supporting role in Reach Me, an ensemble drama about a people connected to a self-help book by an ex-football coach. Nelly, Danny Aiello, and Omari Hardwick (Sparkle) costar. Director John Herzfeld (2 Days in the Valley) also penned the script. [Variety]
• Viggo Mortensen will produce and star in an untitled fantasy drama about a Danish man who travels with his daughter to a desert that is separate from modern civilization. Argentine director Lisandro Alonso (La Libertad, Liverpool) wrote the script with Fabian Casas. [Variety]
• Game of Thrones‘ Kit Harington is in talks to bring his envious head of hair to Pompeii, a thriller about the famed Roman city that was buried in ash when the volcano Mt. Vesuvius erupted in 79 A.D. Harington will play a slave racing against time to save his beloved and his best friend. Who else to better direct the historically scalding carnage than Paul W.S. Anderson (the Resident Evil oeuvre)? [THR]
• Jack Nicholson is being pursued to play Robert Downey Jr.‘s father in The Judge, a drama about a lawyer who has to defend his Alzheimer’s-suffering pops when he’s accused of killing their mother. No deal is close, however. David Dobkin (The Change-Up, Fred Claus) will direct from a script originally penned by Nick Schenk (Gran Torino). [THR]
• Maria Bello has signed onto an untitled horror thriller from producer James Wan (Saw, Insidious) about a group of college students who are discovered murdered inside an abandoned house, and probably not from any rusty nails. Will Canon (The Brotherhood) is directing from a script by first-time feature screenwriter Max La Bella. [Variety]
Casting Net: Sean Penn eyeing thriller ‘Prone Gunman.’ Plus: John Hawkes, George Clooney, Ty Burrell
Casting Net: James McAvoy in talks for WikiLeaks movie. Plus: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Sara Canning
Casting Net: Rachel Weisz in talks for David Cronenberg’s ‘Map to the Stars.’ Plus: Alan Arkin, Wendi McClendon-Covey
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Comic-Con 2014 Preview Night: And we're off...
- 'Constantine': Comic-Con's verdict?
- 'Ant-Man' Comic-Con poster: First Look
- 'Lucy': EW movie review
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': 2 concept art posters
- Comic-Con: Norman Reedus as Marshmallow Man?
- Sigourney Weaver is digital Ripley in 'Alien' game