, so it’s pretty cool.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Kristen Stewart (21-30 of 92)
'Breaking Dawn -- Part 2' premiere: Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson on 'Twilight's last gleaming
Twihards, the moment has finally arrived.
After four previous films, one vampire baby, and hundreds of press interviews full of are they/aren’t they tension for the stars, the final Twilight red carpet is here – and EW is bringing you a front row seat, courtesy of Yahoo! Movies.
Come back to this page tonight starting at 7:30 p.m. ET for a live stream of all the Twilight: Breaking Dawn — Part 2 proceedings. What will Kristen Stewart be wearing? Will Taylor Lautner do a character homage and be shirtless? (Doubtful.) Will Mackenzie Foy and Taylor Lautner pose for pictures together (and what about Pattinson and Stewart)? Anyone’s guess!
Hopefully the stars might spill some secrets about the film, which officially opens on Friday. Stewart has already talked up a “twist ending,” and Pattinson has shared the secrets of his loud kissing that are apparently on display in the movie. What more vampire revelations are still to come?
Watch the live stream below: READ FULL STORY
• Viola Davis has joined Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano, and Melissa Leo in Prisoners, a thriller about a father (Jackman) striving to find his kidnapped daughter while a big city detective (Gyllenhaal) stands in his way. Denis Villeneuve (Incendies) is directing from a script by Aaron Guzikowski (Contraband). [TheWrap]
• Kristen Stewart is in negotiations to star in Focus, about an experienced con artist (Ben Affleck) who takes on a rookie (Stewart). Glenn Ficarra and John Requa (Crazy, Stupid, Love) are set to direct from their script. [THR]
• Imogen Poots (Fright Night) will romantically spar with Zac Efron in the comedy Are We Officially Dating?, about three guys who vow to each other to remain single, and then, wouldn’t you know it, they fall in love. First-time feature filmmaker Tom Gormican is directing from his script. [Deadline]
• Bar Paly (The Ruins, next year’s Pain & Gain) has signed onto the thriller Non-Stop, playing a model traveling on a threatened international flight, causing its air marshall (Liam Neeson, who else) to spring into action. Julianne Moore, Michelle Dockery (Downton Abbey), Anson Mount (AMC’s Hell on Wheels) and Scoot McNairy (Argo) costar. Jaume Collet-Serra (Unknown) is directing the script by reality TV vets Christopher Roach and John W. Richardson (Big Brother, Wipeout). [Deadline]
Casting Net: Jude Law joins Werner Herzog’s ‘Queen of the Desert.’ Plus: Kim Basinger, Nick Nolte, Soairse Ronan, Jason Bateman
Casting Net: Colin Firth and Michael Fassbender to explore ‘Genius.’ Plus: Amanda Seyfried, Patrick Dempsey, Stellan Skarsgard
Casting Net: Benedict Cumberbatch to play the Beatles’ closeted manager. Plus: Christoph Waltz, Jennifer Garner, Vince Vaughn
In mere weeks, the premiere of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2 will rain down romance, blood, and of course screaming, lusty fans. For now, we have a new peek — and a feisty one at that. Witness this line: “Jake, you really do stink!” Those are the words of a ruby-eyed, paler-than-usual Bella (Kristen Stewart) during her first meet-up with Jacob (Taylor Lautner) after she becomes a vampire. As for this particular clip, unveiled by MTV Thursday, there’s a nuanced moment of understanding between Jacob and his longtime rival-turned-Bella’s husband Edward (Robert Pattinson). Watch for it now.
Twilight fans are having a pretty great week. First, EW brought you an exclusive clip of Bella and Edward from their new cottage, and now, Green Day has released a music video for their song, “The Forgotten,” featured on the Breaking Dawn — Part 2 soundtrack.
The video is full of goodies from the film, including an extended look at red-eyed vampire Bella jumping over a waterfall and running, running, running through the forest with Edward. So much to do, so little time before the Volturi show up! There’s also a fair amount of Renesmee, including some shots of the whole new vampire family around the piano, and — most excitedly for fans — even a tease of big moments like when Bella gives Renesmee the locket.
Check out the music video below: READ FULL STORY
Jack Kerouac’s On the Road is such a seminal, sui generis work of Beat Generation fiction that it’s taken 55 years since its publication for a feature film adaptation to make its way to movie theaters. Everyone who’s read the book has an idea of how the story of two friends on a meandering road trip across America should look. Perhaps the biggest challenge facing director Walter Salles (The Motorcycle Diaries) was distilling all those disparate ideas into a single, unified feature film.
Then comes an even trickier question: How do you sell it? The Beats weren’t exactly known for being commercially oriented artists, but when you have a film featuring stars like Kristen Stewart, Viggo Mortensen, Amy Adams, and Kirsten Dunst, you kinda want to have them on your movie poster. How do you do that without making it seem like a crass play to boost your box office?
The design team at Percival & Associates have come up with an elegant solution in the final one sheet for the film, and EW has an exclusive first look. Check it out below (click the image to embiggen): READ FULL STORY
In an arm wrestling match, who would win: beefy Emmett Cullen (Kellen Lutz) or dainty little Bella (Kristen Stewart)? In any other movie, the answer would be obvious… but in Breaking Dawn — Part 2, Bella’s budding vampire powers make her a match for the Cullen clan’s strongest son. Even if her arms still look decidedly spindly. Check out the newborn’s feat of strength in this new clip from the film:
Listen up, international Twilight fans: If you were already excited about finally seeing Bella as a vampire, you’re going to be thrilled to learn that Breaking Dawn – Part 2 will be released in IMAX in the U.K. and various other countries.
“IMAX’s participation in 2010 on the release of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse was a success, so we’re thrilled to continue this productive collaboration,” said Lionsgate Motion Picture Group Co-Chairs Rob Friedman and Patrick Wachsberger in a press release. “IMAX delivers a unique and memorable experience that is the perfect way to celebrate this special movie-going event.”
Fans will be able to check out the final installment on Nov. 16 — mysterious ending and all.
UPDATE: At this time, there are no plans for an IMAX release in the U.S., according to a Lionsgate spokesperson.
‘Breaking Dawn’s Mackenzie Foy cast in ‘Wish You Well’
About that secret ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2′ ending…
‘Breaking Dawn — Part 2′ advance ticket sales outpacing ‘Part 1′
As the end of The Twilight Saga gets ever nearer (47 days!), Summit is showing no signs of slowing its momentum on an extravagant, globally-minded marketing campaign. Echoing Breaking Dawn — Part 2‘s assembly of international vampire covens, the series’ final one-sheet poster will be revealed progressively throughout different international time zones, Cullen-minating with a dramatic reveal at “dawn” (or, more precisely 9 a.m. PT) on Tuesday, Oct. 2. READ FULL STORY
It looks like Kristen Stewart’s extracurricular activities and Robert Pattinson’s string of talk show appearances have increased fans’ appetite for Twilight. Voters chose Breaking Dawn — Part 2 as this season’s most anticipated movie on Fandango’s annual fall film survey. And a whopping 51 percent of voters also dubbed the flick as the best date night movie.
Latest Videos in Movies
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence and others' nude pics hacked?
- 'Houdini' react: Spymaster of illusion?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies
- 'Dallas' star Patrick Duffy still has 'Man From Atlantis' eyes, recalls Lynda Carter crush
- Jennifer Garner and Denis Leary in 'Draft Day' scene you didn't see; watch it here