While fans may have to hold out more than a year for the next Star Wars film, Lucasfilm’s animated project Strange Magic is a much shorter wait away. And now, the first trailer is here, meaning we finally get to see what Alan Cumming would look like as a singing bug.
Tag: Kristin Chenoweth (1-4 of 4)
The Boy Next Door is not your ordinary affair tale.
Its trailer, released today, shows Claire (Jennifer Lopez) coping with her husband’s history of infidelity. When a new neighbor moves in, a teenage boy named Noah (Ryan Guzman), she is smitten with the attention he gives her. He calls her beautiful and then quickly apologizes. “It’s okay,” she says. “It’s the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long time.”
You can probably guess what happens next: The pair share a passionate night, set to a thunderstorm, of course. Realizing she made a mistake, Claire calls it off, but Noah doesn’t take it well and refuses to let go. Soon, all hell breaks lose. Did I mention she’s a teacher at the local high school and he ‘s her student? Yeah, it gets bad.
Directed by Rob Cohen with a script written by Barbara Curry, the film also stars Kristin Chenoweth, John Corbett, and Ian Nelson.
The Boy Next Door hits theaters January 23, 2015. For now, catch the trailer here:
• Funnyman Adam Sandler may be reprising his serious side, seen seldomly in movies like 2002’s Punch Drunk Love. He’s in talks to join The Cobbler, an indie drama directed by Tom McCarthy (The Station Agent, The Visitor). Details are under wraps, but THR reports the film tells the tale of a shoemaker who is able to, well, step into other people’s shoes, so to speak. [THR]
READ FULL STORY
Hit and Run looks even more pee-in-your-pants funny, judging by its new red-band trailer. Dax Shepard, who not only stars but wrote, co-directed, co-produced, and even co-edited the film, plays a former getaway driver forced to abandon his witness protection program identity when a dreadlock-rocking Bradley Cooper comes knocking at his door, looking for his money. Cooper went to jail for a heist gone awry, and he’s still sore about it.
The first 10 seconds of the new trailer evoke a Nicholas Sparks chick flick — until it cuts to Shepard and Kristen Bell opening the motel-room door of a group of swinging senior citizens. And then all hell breaks loose.
Check out the really, really NSFW trailer below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL' recap: Blake brings a country twang, but too often the sketches go south
- EW's SAG Awards Party 2015: What the stars wore
- 'SNL': 10 best (and 5 worst) host/musical guests
- Johnny Depp after 'Mortdecai'? 5 directors we think can help him find his mojo
- 'Westworld' team on what their secretive show is about: 'the things that keep you up at night'
- WWE Royal Rumbles: Ranking the worst, best, and the G.O.A.T.
- Bill Maher on why 'American Sniper' is a blockbuster while 'Hurt Locker' was not
- SAG Awards 2014 flashback: Remember what the stars wore last year?
- 'Westworld' producers hint HBO's drama has great, freaky potential
- 'SNL': 10 Best (and 5 Worst) Host/Musical Guests
- Blake Shelton takes over 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- 'Big Bang Theory' star's gymnastic sex scene scores a '10' at Sundance
- Bill Maher calls 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle 'a psychopath patriot'