• Robert Pattinson (Twilight) and Dane DeHaan (The Place Beyond the Pines) are set to star in Life, which tells the story of Magnum photographer Dennis Stock (Pattinson) and his burgeoning friendship with James Dean (DeHaan) as they embark on a road trip on assignment for Life magazine in 1955. Music video and feature director Anton Corbijn (The American, Control) is helming the project from a screenplay by Luke Davies, who penned 2006′s Candy. The shoot is expected to begin this February in Canada. [ScreenDaily]
READ FULL STORY
Tag: Krysten Ritter (1-5 of 5)
• Halle Berry has decided to stay small for her next project. The Oscar winner (for Monster’s Ball) will take on the independent comedy Mother, about a woman who escapes life with a mobster by pretending to be the mother of a young guy she meets on the run. Emilio Ferrari (I Know What You Did Last Winter) is directing the project. According to the report, the film will be tonally similar to How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Berry most recently starred in the modest thriller The Call, and is currently filming X-Men: Days of Future Past where she’s reprising her role as Storm. [Variety]
• Idris Elba (Prometheus) is in talks to join Sean Penn and Javier Bardem in the action flick The Gunman. Taken‘s Pierre Morel is set to direct the project about what happens when an international operative is betrayed by his organization. Elba’s being considered for the role of Dupont, vaguely described as a “mysterious operative.” The story is based on Jean-Patrick Manchette‘s novel The Prone Gunman. [THR]
Casting Net: Tim Burton adds Krysten Ritter to 'Big Eyes'; Plus, 'Downton Abbey's' Dan Stevens, more
• Don’t Trust the B in Apt. 23 may be over, but lead actress and television veteran Krysten Ritter isn’t letting that get in the way of her career. She’s been cast in Tim Burton’s Big Eyes alongside Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz to play Margaret Keane’s (Adams) supportive friend. Ritter is currently filming the comedy Search Party with Alison Brie and Adam Pally. [Deadline]
Krysten Ritter is saucy, red-lipped and flaunts some take-no-prisoners sexuality on ABC’s Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, and she’s hinted interest in taking on an even kinkier role: the lead in Focus Features-Universal’s adaptation of E.L. James’ novel Fifty Shades of Grey.
The 31-year-old actress, responding to a fan’s suggestion that she land the coveted part of Anastasia Steele, the lover of charming, S&M dabbler Christian Grey, tweeted on Wednesday, “Thanks! i would be down. .”
The rumor mill has been in full effect since it was announced that the movie, being written by screenwriter Kelly Marcel, and still sans a director, would be made. Author Bret Easton Ellis took to Twitter last August bemoaning not making the list of screenwriters being looked at to pen the script. Names such as Anne Hathaway and Ian Somerhalder have been flung around left and right as to who should embody amorous Anastasia and Christian.
At least, when it comes to Ritter, she’s already comfortable revealing her inner sex kitten.
Neither Focus Features nor Ritter’s publicist would comment on her tweet.
For more film news Follow @solvej_schou
‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ dream movie casting
‘Terra Nova’ co-creator Kelly Marcel to write ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ screenplay
Bret Easton Ellis out of the running for ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ screenplay gig
- 'Anchorman 2' beats 'Hobbit' by a hair on Friday
- ‘X-Men’: Bryan Singer reveals latest changes
- Ned Vizzini, 'It's Kind of a Funny Story' author, dies
- 'Duck Dynasty': 4 ways standoff with A&E ends
- 50 TV series' best and worst episodes of 2013
- 'Lizzie Bennet Diaries': Austen goes online
- 'Silent Night, Deadly Night': Why is Santa's suit red?
- Chuck Norris does 'airplane splits': Web takeoff