• Hugh Grant has been somewhat elusive over the past few years. After disappearing in the wake of 2009’s ill-fated Did You Hear About the Morgans, his first appearance on-screen was in last year’s Cloud Atlas, and for much of it, he was nearly unrecognizable. But, it seems he’s ready to re-emerge and is currently working on an untitled comedy with Marisa Tomei, Allison Janney, and J.K. Simmons about an Oscar-winning writer who abandons Hollywood for a teaching gig at an East Coast school. Now, Grant is set to join Guy Ritchie’s update of the 1960s TV show Man from U.N.C.L.E. starring Henry Cavill (Man of Steel) and Armie Hammer (The Lone Ranger). He’ll play the head of British Naval Intelligence, and will hopefully get the chance to deliver a few charmingly self-deprecating one-liners. [THR]
READ FULL STORY
Tag: Kyra Sedgwick (1-2 of 2)
Casting Net: Kelsey Grammer, Kyra Sedgwick join ensemble of 'Reach Me.' Plus: Will Arnett, Katherine Heigl plan 'The Nut Job'
• Kelsey Grammer, Kyra Sedgwick, Kevin Connolly (Entourage), Thomas Jane (Hung), Tom Berenger, and Cary Elwes have signed onto the ensemble drama Reach Me, about a group of disparate people whose lives intersect thanks to a self-improvement book penned by a former football coach. Sylvester Stallone, Danny Aiello, Terry Crews, rapper Nelly, and Omari Hardwick (Sparkle) all costar. Director John Herzfeld (2 Days in the Valley) also penned the script. [Deadline]
• Will Arnett, Katherine Heigl, Brendan Fraser, Stephen Lang (Avatar), Sarah Gadon (A Dangerous Method), and ventriloquist comedian Jeff Dunham will all lend their voices to the indie animated feature The Nut Job, about a squirrel and a rat who plan to rob a nut store of its precious goods. Peter Lepeniotis will be directing based on his 2005 short Surly Squirrel; Lorne Cameron (Brother Bear, Over the Hedge) is penning the script. [Deadline]
• Paulo Costanzo (USA’s Royal Pains) will star in the romantic comedy That Burning Feeling, about a successful bachelor who revisits his past exes when the proverbial rug is pulled out from under his life. John Cho (Star Trek), and Tyler Labine (NBC’s Animal Practice) costar. Jason James is making his feature directing debut from a script by fellow first-timer Nick Citton. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Tom Hardy plugging into ‘Splinter Cell.’ Plus: Benicio del Toro, Alexander Skarsgard, Evan Rachel Wood
Casting Net: Cameron Diaz will be ‘The Other Woman.’ Plus: Chris Hemsworth, Sylvester Stallone, Viggo Mortensen
Casting Net: Sean Penn eyeing thriller ‘Prone Gunman.’ Plus: John Hawkes, George Clooney, Ty Burrell
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Arrow'; 'The 100'; 'American Idol'; more TV recaps
- 'The Americans'; 'Empire'; 'Top Chef'; 'Broad City'; more TV recaps
- Super Bowl ads of 2015: Watch the early arrivals here
- Super Bowl battle of the banned ads: Pick your all-time fave in our bracket showdown
- Chris Pratt and Aubrey Plaza talk 'Parks and Rec': Andy and April spin-off 'behind the bedroom door'?
- 'Party Down South' season 3 peek: Meet Hannah, the new hell-raiser
- Angels and Airwaves premieres half-animated video for 'Tunnels'
- 'Bachelor' seminar: Prof. Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' response to Britt
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' speech from 'The Bachelor'
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'
- Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita look super-intense in new 'Walking Dead' photos -- exclusive