For years, I’ve joked that Metallica has exactly two good songs, both of them off their mega-selling 1991 album Metallica. Those two songs are the lovely, lilting “Nothing Else Matters,” the closest these demon noise-makers ever came to a power ballad, and also “Enter Sandman,” which is their primordially catchy if very sinister idea of a lullaby. In a funny way, I’d say that Metallica agrees with me: Those two uncharacteristically melodious and listenable tunes are played at the very end of their new concert film, Metallica Through the Never. They know, in their way, that they’re saving the best for last. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Lars Ulrich (1-1 of 1)
- Ryan Murphy talks 'AHS: Coven': More Stevie Nicks!
- 'Survivor' recap: Fit to be tied
- 'American Horror Story' recap: 'The Sacred Taking'
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: Let's think this through
- 'Veronica Mars' out 3/14/14 -- and we have a clip!
- 'Sherlock' season 3: 10 new photos
- 'Arrow' react: 'The Scientist'
- Sundance: What's playing in 2014
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1427
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 687
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 395
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 373