For years, I’ve joked that Metallica has exactly two good songs, both of them off their mega-selling 1991 album Metallica. Those two songs are the lovely, lilting “Nothing Else Matters,” the closest these demon noise-makers ever came to a power ballad, and also “Enter Sandman,” which is their primordially catchy if very sinister idea of a lullaby. In a funny way, I’d say that Metallica agrees with me: Those two uncharacteristically melodious and listenable tunes are played at the very end of their new concert film, Metallica Through the Never. They know, in their way, that they’re saving the best for last. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Lars Ulrich (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Glee' recap: 'Opening Night'
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- Summer movies: Grading 2014's posters
- 50 summer movies we can't wait to see
- Colbert on 'Late Show' looks slighty nervous -- VIDEO 523
- Slaves to Love 455
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 492
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 352
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO