For years, I’ve joked that Metallica has exactly two good songs, both of them off their mega-selling 1991 album Metallica. Those two songs are the lovely, lilting “Nothing Else Matters,” the closest these demon noise-makers ever came to a power ballad, and also “Enter Sandman,” which is their primordially catchy if very sinister idea of a lullaby. In a funny way, I’d say that Metallica agrees with me: Those two uncharacteristically melodious and listenable tunes are played at the very end of their new concert film, Metallica Through the Never. They know, in their way, that they’re saving the best for last. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Lars Ulrich (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-4
- 'Big Brother' recap: Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Project Runway' recap: Unconventional movie night
- 'Honorable Woman': Thriller deals deftly with a complex subject
- 'The Quest' premiere: Bored game
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- DC Comics characters we'd invite to the 'Arrow'/'Flash' party
- STAHP in the name of love 966
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 346
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Other DC Comics characters we want on 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- Sony releases surprise NSync album; NSync is surprised