If Iron Man 3 had been made by a young director who very few people had heard of, his name would now be on everyone’s lips in Hollywood, and not just because he delivered a big hit movie. They’d be talking about his eagerness and speed and raw talent, the dark flash of his visual style, the zigzag precision of his flair of violence, his way of making every performance count. They’d be talking about how this young director had infused a franchise blockbuster — a Part 3, no less, which usually means that a series, no matter how popular it is, is running low on creative octane — with the quality that so many comic-book movies have lacked: the feeling that what we’re seeing actually matters, that something is at stake beyond the global box-office grosses. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Lethal Weapon (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Flash': First look at full-body costume
- Justin Bieber: 'Ordinary People' dance with Selena?
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns'
- SXSW Music 2014: 20 on the verge
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- Daft Punk + Jay Z: What is this mystery track?
- Beverly Hills 'Housewives' recap: 'Hollywood' pals