If Iron Man 3 had been made by a young director who very few people had heard of, his name would now be on everyone’s lips in Hollywood, and not just because he delivered a big hit movie. They’d be talking about his eagerness and speed and raw talent, the dark flash of his visual style, the zigzag precision of his flair of violence, his way of making every performance count. They’d be talking about how this young director had infused a franchise blockbuster — a Part 3, no less, which usually means that a series, no matter how popular it is, is running low on creative octane — with the quality that so many comic-book movies have lacked: the feeling that what we’re seeing actually matters, that something is at stake beyond the global box-office grosses. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Lethal Weapon (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris in recurring role
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries' and more
- The 55 Essential Movies Kids Must Experience (Before They Turn 13)