Under the headline “The Last, Disposable Action Hero,” New York Times writer Alex French posited earlier this year that “There are now more indistinguishable, barrel-chested eight-packed aspiring stars than ever.” To address this problem, Entertainment Weekly gathered some of Hollywood’s best character actors while we were in San Diego for Comic-Con for this important message.
Tag: Matt Walsh (1-2 of 2)
• Vanessa Hudgens is on a roll. After scrapping her Disney image this year for Haromy Korine, the Spring Breakers star is reportedly in talks to join the cast of The Kitchen Sink, a blacklist script about an alien invasion, and the small-town teenagers who have to join forces with vampires and zombies to defeat the unwelcome visitors. Rescue Me star Denis Leary recently joined the cast as well, which currently includes Mackenzie Davis (Smashed) and Nicholas Braun (The Perks of Being a Wallflower). Robbie Pickering, who wrote and directed the SXSW indie Natural Selection, is set to direct the project. [The Wrap]
• David Oyelowo, who recently starred in Middle of Nowhere and will appear in Lee Daniels’ The Butler, and David Gaysi (Cloud Atlas) have joined the very, very large ensemble cast of Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar. [The Wrap]
• In a brilliant mash-up of television comedians, Matt Walsh (Veep), Retta (Parks and Recreation), and Lamorne Morris (New Girl) have joined the cast of Sex Ed, a Haley Joel Osment indie about a middle school sex ed teacher who lacks his own experiences. Isaac Feder is making his feature debut directing the project. [Variety]
Latest Videos in Movies
- Pixar's 'Inside Out': Emotions run wild in first trailer for June release
- 'Sons of Anarchy' sneak peek: Jax and Jarry have a chat
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- Chad Coleman's 'Walking Dead' preview: Why Tyreese is 'still struggling'
- 'Project Runway All Stars' trailer: Brides, catfights, and Alyssa Milano
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics