• Michael Caine (The Dark Knight Rises) will star in the secretive project In The Future from Italian director Paolo Sorrentino (The Great Beauty). The two-time Oscar winner (for Hannah and Her Sisters and The Cider House Rules) is currently working on Christopher Nolan’s sci-fi adventure Interstellar. Caine also has a part in Brad Anderson’s Eliza Graves (based on Edgar Allan Poe’s short story) with Kate Beckinsale, Jim Sturgess, and Ben Kingsley. [Variety]
Tag: Michael Caine (1-6 of 6)
Jesse Eisenberg on 'Now You See Me': Learning magic from experts ... and his birthday party clown mom
Jesse Eisenberg is no stranger to playing with people’s minds in fast-talking, genius-type roles (ahem, The Social Network), but he is a stranger to literally playing with people’s minds. In the summer movie Now You See Me, Eisenberg takes on the role of one of the four horsemen, a team of Robin Hood-inspired magicians who use their powers to perform illegal maneuvers to take from the rich and give to the poor. EW caught up with Eisenberg to talk about his background in magic, what he learned on set, and what fans can expect from the mysterious flick, which also stars Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, Dave Franco, Mélanie Laurent, Morgan Freeman, and Michael Caine.
READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: 'The Terminator' in talks to play the Exterminator in 'Toxic Avenger' reboot; Plus, Olivia Wilde, more
• Arnold Schwarzenegger is in talks to star in a reboot of The Toxic Avenger to play the Exterminator, who helps the Toxic Avenger (a weak kid who has an unfortunate accident at a toxic chemicals plant) learn to use his newfound powers for good. So, they team up to take on the evil polluters. Writer and director Steve Pink (Hot Tub Time Machine) is leading the adaptation, and Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz (directors of the 1984 cult classic) will serve as executive producers. [Deadline]
• Olivia Wilde (TRON) and Mark Duplass (The League) are set to star in Reawakening, a medical thriller about some students who figure out how to bring people back from the dead. David Gelb, who directed the documentary Jiro Dreams of Sushi, will make his feature narrative debut on the project. Besides her turn in the independent comedy Drinking Buddies, Wilde can be seen next in Ron Howard’s Rush. Duplass also has a number of acting projects on the horizon including the JFK assassination drama Parkland. [Variety]
• Since his Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination for Silver Linings Playbook, Robert De Niro has been on a bit of a career upswing. He’s set to star in Syriana-director Stephen Gaghan’s Candy Store about an undercover agent-turned-Brooklyn cop and the seedy underworld that he and his partners uncover. Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty) and Omar Sy (The Intouchables) also star. De Niro is currently filming David O. Russell’s American Hustle. [Variety]
• Benjamin Bratt (Law & Order) will jump in to voice the villain in Despicable Me 2. Al Pacino had been cast in the role and had already voiced a number of scenes, but dropped out very recently due to creative differences. Bratt is no stranger to animated work and can be heard in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 as well. Despicable Me 2 is scheduled for a July 3 release, and features the voice talents of Kristen Wiig, Steve Carell, Russell Brand, and Steve Coogan. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Morgan Freeman in talks for another Christopher Nolan film; Plus, Michael Caine, Rachel McAdams, more
• Morgan Freeman is finding his way back to the world of Christopher Nolan. No, the Dark Knight director hasn’t signed Freeman onto his highly anticipated next original project. (Though Anne Hathaway might make the leap to sci-fi for that film, Interstellar.) Freeman is in final negotiations to star in the directorial debut of Wally Pfister, Nolan’s longtime cinematographer. Nolan is producing the film, called Transcendence. Plot details are being kept under wraps for the sci-fi film, but it’s been described as in the vein of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Inception. Already signed on are Johnny Depp, Kate Mara (127 Hours), Paul Bettany (A Beautiful Mind), and Rebecca Hall (The Town). Alcon Entertainment announced Freeman’s casting news via press release on Thursday. READ FULL STORY
'The Dark Knight Rises': Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway talk 'End of a Legend' in Blu-ray featurette -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
The finale to Christopher Nolan’s caped crusader triptych, The Dark Knight Rises, may be about redemption, but it’s also about endings. Finalizing Nolan’s trilogy, Christian Bale’s broken down Batman rises up from the depths, physically and emotionally, to defeat his own resignation and kick Tom Hardy’s evil Bane behind.
Check out this exclusive clip from the featurette The End of a Legend, one of the many extras included in the movie’s upcoming Blu-ray combo pack. The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray, DVD, and digital download touch down on Dec. 4. Hardy, Anne Hathaway (Catwoman/Selina Kyle), Morgan Freeman (Fox), Michael Caine (Alfred), and Gary Oldman (Commissioner Gordon) sound off on working with Nolan. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- HBO shows coming to Amazon Prime
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- John Green set to talk 'Fault' at BookCon panel
- John Oliver: 'Nauseous and uncomfortable' with fame
- 'Glee' recap: 'Opening Night'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- Colbert on 'Late Show' looks slighty nervous -- VIDEO 534
- Slaves to Love 452
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 492
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 376
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO