• Doctor Who alum Karen Gillan is bound for more space adventures in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, but this time not as a sidekick for the good guys. The Scottish actress will play a villain in the comic book-based movie — no more details have been revealed about her character. Lee Pace (Pushing Daisies) and Michael Rooker (The Walking Dead) will also play villains. Chris Pratt (Zero Dark Thirty) is set to play the lead, Star Lord. Prepping for a late June production start, Guardians of the Galaxy is scheduled for an Aug. 1, 2014 release date. [THR] READ FULL STORY »
Tag: Michael Mann (1-2 of 2)
Casting Net: Chris Hemsworth to team up with Michael Mann; Plus Hugh Laurie confirmed for 'Tomorrowland', Marion Cotillard, and more
• Michael Mann (Collateral, Public Enemies) is set to direct Chris Hemsworth in his new thriller that Mann has been developing and writing for over a year. Between Hemsworth’s superhero and fairy tale projects, we’re excited to see him team up with Mann, known for his realism and ability to elevate standard genre fare. The Australian actor will appear next with Olivia Wilde in Rush, the Ron Howard race car film, out this September. [Variety]
• Tomorrowland has its villain, and it’s none other than House star Hugh Laurie, EW confirmed. The hush-hush project from Brad Bird (Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, The Incredibles), Damon Lindelof (Lost), and EW’s own Jeff Jensen also stars George Clooney. Laurie largely stayed away from major film projects during his time on House, but it will be great to see the English actor and comedian take a villainous turn.
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- 'Anchorman 2': We know that mustache...
- Patricia Clarkson joins 'Maze Runner' cast
- Betty White's Facebook post (in longhand)
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Prometheus' sequel hires a new writer
- Russell Brand jolts 'Morning Joe': Watch
- Dan Harmon sorry for 'Community' slam