• Tom Cruise and director Doug Liman are reportedly courting Jack Nicholson for the Warner Bros. comedy El Presidente, about a by-the-books secret service agent assigned to protect “America’s worst former President” who boozes and womanizes with abandon. Nicholson would play the part of the President, a VP who assumed the Commander-in-Chief’s job after the President died. According to the report, the project has been in development since 2010 — originally with Jay Roach in the director’s chair. Nicholson and Cruise appeared together previously in 1992′s A Few Good Men, which earned Nicholson a Best Supporting Actor nomination. The three-time Oscar winner has not appeared in a movie since 2010′s How Do You Know. [THR]
Tag: Mike Epps (1-2 of 2)
Casting Net: Christoph Waltz will play Gorbachev to Michael Douglas's Reagan. Plus: Jim Carrey, Mike Epps, Jai Courtney
• Jim Carrey is in talks to headline Loomis Fargo, a comedy about the real-life robbery of $17.3 million from a Loomis Fargo armed truck. Jared Hess (Napoleon Dynamite) will direct, with Lorne Michaels and John Goldwyn (MacGruber, Baby Mama) producing. [TheWrap, Variety]
• Actor-comedian Mike Epps will play comedian Richard Pryor in Nina, writer-director Cynthia Mort‘s biopic about famed soul singer Nina Simone (Zoe Saldana). Pryor often opened for Simone when the two were coming up together in the 1960s. [THR]
• Jai Courtney, who will play Bruce Willis’ son in next year’s A Good Day to Die Hard, will star with Joel Edgerton and Tom Wilkinson in the drama Felony, about a police officer (Edgerton) who lies after running a cyclist off the road, killing him. Courtney will be the detective who realizes the cop’s story doesn’t hold water. Edgerton also penned the script, which will be directed by Matthew Seville (Noise). [Deadline]
• Hip-hop star Scott Mescudi (a.k.a. Kid Cudi) has joined the cast of the romantic comedy Two Night Stand, about a couple who hook up after meeting online (Crazy, Stupid, Love‘s Analeigh Tipton and Project X‘s Miles Teller), and find themselves stuck together after they get snowed in from a blizzard. Mescudi will appear as the boyfriend of Tipton’s roommate (Gossip Girl‘s Jessica Szohr). First-time feature director Max Nichols is helming from a script by Mark Hammer, a writer on MTV’s short-lived series Skins. [THR]
Casting Net: Ewan McGregor to star in heist thriller ‘Son of a Gun.’ Plus: Penelope Cruz, Ryan Reynolds, James Franco
Casting Net: Julianne Moore going ‘Non Stop’ with Liam Neeson. Plus: Chris Hemsworth, Jamie Foxx, Michelle Williams
Casting Net: Ben Affleck coming into ‘Focus.’ Plus: Beyonce leaves ‘A Star is Born’
Latest Videos in Movies
- Comic-Con '14: 8 buzzworthy TV panels
- Comic-Con '14: 10 hot movies in San Diego
- Comic-Con '14: Spotlight on comics/videogames
- 'Drunk History': Johnny Knoxville vs. Patton Oswalt
- 'Arrow' First Look: Colton Haynes as Arsenal
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'Downton Abbey' boss: Season 4 'one of the strongest'
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Every 'The Simpsons' episode is going online
- See Carol, Judith, and Rick of 'The Walking Dead' in new season 5 images
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode