Actor Don Cheadle’s obsession with Miles Davis began as a child with the jazz trumpeter’s album Porgy and Bess, a beloved staple of his family’s music collection. Now, Cheadle will make his feature film directorial debut with a crowdfunded biopic on Davis that will focus on the musician’s transition into music after a five-year hiatus—otherwise known as his “silent period”—and tumultuous relationship with first wife Frances Taylor Davis. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Miles Davis (1-2 of 2)
When Miles Davis’s kids imagined a film about their father, they also imagined Don Cheadle in the lead role. And now, Cheadle has taken one step closer to realizing that dream.
Cheadle has spent years developing a Miles Davis biopic that will double as his feature directorial debut. Originally titled Kill the Trumpet Player, the film is now called Miles Ahead. Cheadle’s goal is to tell the story of the jazz great’s life — and considering Davis’s belief in “social music,” Cheadle thought it was only fitting that he use social media to help get the movie made. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Good Wife' season premiere recap: 'The Line'
- 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Real Housewives of N.J.'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who': TV recaps
- 10 essential graphic novels that have faced bans and challenges
- 'Madam Secretary' series premiere: A diplomatic debut for Tea Leoni
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- 'Maze Runner' is No. 1 movie: $32.5M
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance offers a season 5 tease
- Lucy Lawless on the 'ragtag bunch' she brings to 'Agents of SHIELD'; watch a sneak peek