Actor Don Cheadle’s obsession with Miles Davis began as a child with the jazz trumpeter’s album Porgy and Bess, a beloved staple of his family’s music collection. Now, Cheadle will make his feature film directorial debut with a crowdfunded biopic on Davis that will focus on the musician’s transition into music after a five-year hiatus—otherwise known as his “silent period”—and tumultuous relationship with first wife Frances Taylor Davis. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Miles Davis (1-2 of 2)
When Miles Davis’s kids imagined a film about their father, they also imagined Don Cheadle in the lead role. And now, Cheadle has taken one step closer to realizing that dream.
Cheadle has spent years developing a Miles Davis biopic that will double as his feature directorial debut. Originally titled Kill the Trumpet Player, the film is now called Miles Ahead. Cheadle’s goal is to tell the story of the jazz great’s life – and considering Davis’s belief in “social music,” Cheadle thought it was only fitting that he use social media to help get the movie made. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'Covert Affairs': Chris Gorham on latest for Auggie
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'The Silence of E. Lamb'
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: 'Men Tell All'
- Anthony Hopkins joins HBO's 'Westworld'
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode
- Why 'Rocky IV' is the best fight -- Ever!
- 'The Walking Dead': Norman Reedus thought Daryl Dixon was about to be killed off last season