• Dev Patel (Slumdog Millionaire), Robert Sheehan (Misfits), and Zoe Kravitz (X-Men: First Class) will star in The Road Within, an indie drama adapted from award-winning 2010 German film Vincent Will Meer. Sheehan will star as Vincent, a young man with Tourette syndrome left at a residential clinic by his father following his mother’s death. Vincent and two fellow patients — an anorexic woman (Kravitz) and his OCD roommate (Patel) — break out of the clinic on a road trip to take his mother’s ashes to the ocean. Production for The Road Within begins in Los Angeles this July. [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Movie Casting (31-40 of 210)
The ever-growing cast of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy has gained another actor. Oscar-winner Benicio Del Toro has signed onto the comic book-based movie. Deadline first reported the news.
Details about Del Toro’s role are being kept under wraps, but he’s reportedly playing a character will appear in future Marvel films. Deadline noted that the Traffic actor has signed a deal with Marvel that includes additional films for the studio. READ FULL STORY
Adrian Garcia Bogliano's 'Late Phases': Check out the first image from the upcoming horror film -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTO
Latin America has become a horror film hot spot over the past couple of years, thanks in large part to director Adrián García Bogliano, whose 2011 slow burn terror flick Penumbra is a must-see for fans of the genre. Now, Bogliano is hoping to make a splash in the U.S. with his new movie, Late Phases, which is currently shooting in upstate New York.
The director’s first English-language film, Late Phases relates the story of a cantankerous blind vet named Ambrose McKinley (Stake Land‘s Nick Damici) who moves into a retirement community where residents have been dying from dog attacks — although, as Ambrose starts to realize, the mutts may be more than mere canines. The film also stars Ethan Embry (Can’t Hardly Wait), Erin Cummings (Spartacus), Lance Guest (Halloween II), Tom Noonan (Manhunter), Tina Louise (Stepford Wives), Karen Lynn Gorney (Saturday Night Fever), Al Sapienza (House of Cards), Caitlin O’Hearney (Wolfen) and Rutanya Alda (The Deer Hunter).
You can exclusively check out the first image from Late Phases below. READ FULL STORY
• Doctor Who alum Karen Gillan is bound for more space adventures in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, but this time not as a sidekick for the good guys. The Scottish actress will play a villain in the comic book-based movie — no more details have been revealed about her character. Lee Pace (Pushing Daisies) and Michael Rooker (The Walking Dead) will also play villains. Chris Pratt (Zero Dark Thirty) is set to play the lead, Star Lord. Prepping for a late June production start, Guardians of the Galaxy is scheduled for an Aug. 1, 2014 release date. [THR] READ FULL STORY
The Dark Knight actor Eric Roberts has been cast in Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence). Franchise producer Ilona Six confirmed that the star, who was Oscar-nominated for playing an escaped convict in 1985′s Runaway Train, will appear in the third film of the notorious horror series.
Roberts’ other notable credits include 1983′s Star 80, the following year’s The Pope of Greenwich Village, and The Expendables. Six also confirmed that Tommy “Tiny” Lister (Friday), Robert LaSardo (Death Race), and former porn actress (and former Charlie Sheen paramour) Bree Olson will make their Centipede debuts in the movie. They join a cast that already features returning villains Dieter Laser and Laurence R. Harvey and the series’ writer-director Tom Six.
The Human Centipede is, of course, the infamous and much-parodied franchise in which people are, let us say, affixed together to form a single alimentary canal. The third movie is currently being shot in California and will reportedly feature a 500-person centipede.
‘Human Centipede’ director Tom Six and star Dieter Laser end legal battle, ‘HC3′ to start filming in May — EXCLUSIVE
‘The Human Centipede’ inspires children’s poem, cute-as-a-button t-shirt design
Why do we want to see movies like ‘The Human Centipede 2′?
‘Human Centipede 2′ director and star on their controversial sequel: ‘It’s NOT a Jennifer Aniston movie!’
‘Human Centipede’: Director Tom Six talks about the sequel, his plan for a threequel, and all those ‘Centipede’ parodies
Bryan Singer is at it again! The director of the highly anticipated X-Men: Days of Future Past is quickly becoming a social media mastermind. After tweeting out numerous first looks at the cast, Singer’s latest tweet confirmed that Evan Peters will be joining the film as Quiksilver, the super-fast son of Magneto, whose twin sister, Scarlet Witch, can manipulate probability. READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Zac Efron to play a 'college Donnie Brasco'; Plus Josh Hutcherson, Hayden Christensen, and more
• Zac Efron (17 Again) will play a college student-turned-police informant in Narc, described as a “college Donnie Brasco.” Efron’s character is a big man on campus type, but that’s where any similarity to his High School Musical basketball player ends. In Narc, Efron’s a frat president and lacrosse team captain until he’s busted for drugs. But then he takes a page from the books of Frank Abagnale and Neal Caffrey and puts his skills to use as a narc for the police. [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
The latest stars to be subjected to “yes, but can they sing?” scrutiny: Heartthrobs Jake Gyllenhaal and Chris Pine, potentially. EW has confirmed that Gyllenhaal is in talks to join Disney’s film adaptation of Into the Woods, the 1987 Stephen Sondheim musical about interwoven fairy tales. Deadline writes that Pine, too, is in talks for the film, though his rep would not confirm the news.
The actors are up for the roles of Cinderella’s Prince and Rapunzel’s Prince. There’s no word yet on which would be playing which. (Cinderella’s Prince is the bigger part, though.)
If their deals go through, Gyllenhaal and Pine will join a cast that already includes Meryl Streep (The Witch), Gavin & Stacey‘s James Corden (The Baker), and Johnny Depp (The Wolf, a role traditionally played by the same actor as Cinderella’s Prince in stage productions). A screenplay reading last October featured actors including Anna Kendrick (Cinderella) and Allison Janney (Jack’s Mother), though there’s no word yet on whether any of those actors will be cast in the film.
Casting Net: Johnny Depp might go ‘Into the Woods’ with Meryl Streep, more
This Week on Stage: Alec Baldwin fizzles and fumes, Christine Baranski returns to her roots
‘Smash’ recap: Not Dead Yet
Casting Net: Chris Pine reunites with 'Smokin' Aces' director; Plus, Will Smith, Christoph Waltz, Zach Braff's Kickstarter movie, and more
• In the midst of the frenzy surrounding the release of Star Trek Into Darkness, Chris Pine has revealed where he’ll boldly go next. EW has confirmed that Pine will appear in comedic thriller Stretch, a project that reunites the actor with Joe Carnahan, who directed one of Pine’s earliest films, 2006′s Smokin’ Aces. Patrick Wilson (Watchmen) will star in the new film as a down-on-his-luck chauffeur who drives around a mysterious billionaire to get rid of his debt. Details on Pine’s role have not yet been revealed. [The Wrap] READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Vince Vaughn to reunite with 'Old School' co-star Will Ferrell; Plus Laurence Fishburne, John Noble, and more
• It’s a Frat Pack reunion: Vince Vaughn is set to join Old School co-star Will Ferrell in the Paramount comedy Daddy’s Home. Ferrell is expected to star in the movie, which he’s producing with frequent collaborator Adam McKay (Anchorman, The Other Guys). Etan Cohen (yes, Etan, not Oscar-winning dark comedy filmmaker Ethan Cohen) will make his feature directorial debut with the project. Cohen’s screenwriting credits include Tropic Thunder and Men in Black 3. Ferrell will play a mild-mannered radio exec whose life gets turned upside down when his wife’s freeloading ex-husband (Vaughn) re-enters the picture and he must vie for his step-children’s affections. [Variety] READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL': How'd Cameron Diaz do?
- Tyler James Williams' 'Walking Dead' preview: 'We're going back to get the squad'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Stephen Merchant answers burning Q's about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (including THAT cameo)
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': A movie, or just an extended prologue for the movie yet to come?
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- Cameron Diaz hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend -- talk about it here!
- Bobby Moynihan: Drunk Uncle, Aunt Linda, and Stefon are one big family
- 20 Classic Movie/TV Bikinis