How much money would you require to have a pinkie finger cut off? $22,000? $19,000? $15,000? Those are some of the — rapidly — declining bids featured in the new trailer for the black comedy Cheap Thrills.
Tag: Movies (51-60 of 643)
If you’ve seen the fabulously entertaining Ozploitation documentary Not Quite Hollywood – which tracks the rise of Down Under genre films in the ’70s and ’80s — then you will be familiar with producer and Quentin Tarantino favorite Antony I. Ginnane, the so-called “Roger Corman of Australia” whose output includes the horror movies Patrick, Dead Kids, and Thirst. “But how can I learn more about these films?” I pretend to hear you cry. Well, good news! This month, Severin Films is releasing all three terror flicks in Blu-ray/DVD combo packs (as well as the self-explanatory DVD, Ozploitation Trailer Explosion) which seemed an excellent excuse to call Ginnane and have him talk about them.
Ivan Reitman has decided that he will not return to direct the next installment of Ghostbusters, EW has confirmed.
After producing and directing the previous two films and staying with the third project for years, Reitman will produce and help Sony find a new director for the film, which is eyeing an early 2015 shoot in New York. Deadline first reported the news.
She might be best known for her quiet, lyrical portraits of loneliness and privilege, but Sofia Coppola is looking at a very different type of film. EW confirmed Tuesday that the Lost in Translation and Bling Ring director is in talks to helm a live-action adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen’s The Little Mermaid.
A few hours ago Tuesday in a galaxy that looks a lot like Portland, Disney CEO and chairman Bob Iger told shareholders that Star Wars: Episode VII would take place 30 years after Return of the Jedi — one of the more specific nuggets of info that we’ve been treated to about the secretive project, which is supposed to start production in May.
Also, amid feverish casting speculations in various stages of negotiations ranging from Lupita Nyong’o to Adam Driver, Iger teased that, “there will be some very familiar faces along with a trio of new young leads.” He also joked that only one actor had been cast in the film so far: R2-D2.
But who will be his Tinkerbell?
EW has confirmed that Warner Bros. has cast newcomer Levi Miller as Peter Pan in its upcoming film titled Pan. Written by Jason Fuchs, Pan will be directed by Joe Wright. Miller joins a star-studded cast, including Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard, Garrett Hedlund as Hook, and Rooney Mara, who’s in talks for the role of Tiger Lily.
Variety first reported the news.
• Mad Men and Community’s Alison Brie has signed on to play Will Ferrell’s fiancee in the Warner Bros. comedy Get Hard. Ferrell stars as an investment banker who is facing prison time and decides to enlist his car washer, played by Kevin Hart (Ride Along), to prepare him for life behind bars. Tropic Thunder co-scribe Etan Cohen is directing the pic for a March 27, 2015 release. Brie can be seen in theaters next in the comedy Search Party (out Sept. 12) alongside Krysten Ritter and Adam Pally. [Deadline]
Will you celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day by hoisting a Guinness? Or will you instead check out the first clip from Leprechaun: Origins, the out-this-summer horror reboot starring Dylan Postl (aka WWE wrestler Hornswoggle)?
Actually, thinking about it, this isn’t really an “either/or” situation. So may we suggest you order up a pint of the black nectar and, while you’re waiting for the sucker to settle, check out the Hornswoggle-introduced footage below.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Fargo' premiere: Martin Freeman talks THAT scene
- Movie-inspired TV: Best/worst
- TV stars with multiple signature roles
- Fargo? Twin Peaks? Movie/TV surreal estate guide
- 'New Girl' recap: 'Big News'
- 'Voice' recap: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Kaufman!
- 'Originals' react: 'The Big Uneasy'
- 'Mindy Project' recap: The case of the missing scarf
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- George R.R. Martin on why [spoiler] died THAT way -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson talks royal wedding shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'