Hasbro isn’t horsing around with its latest film project. The toy maker’s film division has announced plans to bring My Little Pony to the big screen.
Tag: My Little Pony (1-3 of 3)
Dusty Rhoades is a man. A man who eats red meat and builds motorcycles from scratch. A man who once worked as a “bodyguard/ranch hand” and maintains a very impressive, very geometric mustache. A man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn.
Take a closer look at him, though, and you might notice something just a little bit… off. Nope, you’re not seeing things: Rhoades is, in fact, wearing a “My Little Pony” shirt. And those blurry, colorful objects on the bookshelf behind him? Yeah: They’re pretty ponies with big, sparkling cartoon eyes and long, flowing manes.
See, Dusty isn’t just a man’s man—he’s also the dude known far and wide (among My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fans, anyway) as Dustykatt, a.k.a. The Manliest Brony in the World. And he’s got a message for all the
nay neighsayers out there: “If this guy can like a girl’s show for what it is, you can, too.” READ FULL STORY
To me, Bumblebee will always be a Volkswagen Beetle.
That’s how it was for countless children who grew up watching and playing with Transformers in the early 1980s. Yeah, the Beetle isn’t as badass as most cars. It’s small, goofy, and cute — not very powerful. But the same was true of the kids who loved him, 6-to-10 year-olds who longed to prove, like that little battling ‘bot, that they could be brave and strong like the big ones around them.
When Michael Bay’s big-screen smash-and-grab blockbuster Transformers came out in 2007, the characters I loved as a boy were all back, and more popular than ever. Only this time Bumblebee took the far more formidable form of a Camaro muscle car.
The little boy inside me, who still keeps one of those old shapeshifting VW toys dangling from his rearview mirror, has never recovered. Since the Transformers movies are machines that make a billion dollars every time they are turned on, most fans now would be outraged if the character ever switched back.
That is the cost when geek goes mainstream. You get more of what you love, but you have to share your toys with others. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC 'effective immediately'
- Cheerleading taken seriously as a movie topic? Bring it on
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- J.K Rowling writes new Dolores Umbridge story
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- 'Forever' sneak peek: Henry and Jo mix classy and sassy
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Grey's'; 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer