The National Board of Review announced its 2013 honorees on Dec. 4, with Her, Nebraska, and Fruitvale Station claiming some of the top prizes. That meant the only real suspense last night at the organization’s New York City gala was who would win the crowd and earn the best howls. Rob Reiner nearly stole the show, but it was Meryl Streep who brought down the house at Cipriani’s on 42nd Street. Streep, presenting the Best Actress award to Emma Thompson for Saving Mr. Banks, left her friend “nauseous with gratitude” with a heart-felt introduction that also took swipes at Walt Disney and the Disney brand. READ FULL STORY
Tag: National Board of Review (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Project Runway All Stars': Look who's back for another round
- 'Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln: Fear the beard in season 5
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And our first night scores are...
- 'Facts of Life' cast reunites, shares memories at PaleyFest
- 'Castle' cast gets slap-happy in season 6 gag reel
- Bill Hader reminisces about Stefon with TV hubby Seth Meyers
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- 'Flash': How it went from concept to series in 5 superfast steps
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- Ryan Murphy on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'This season, once you die, you're dead'
- 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Tapestry Revealed
- First Look: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt swept away in romantic drama 'By the Sea'