The National Board of Review announced its 2013 honorees on Dec. 4, with Her, Nebraska, and Fruitvale Station claiming some of the top prizes. That meant the only real suspense last night at the organization’s New York City gala was who would win the crowd and earn the best howls. Rob Reiner nearly stole the show, but it was Meryl Streep who brought down the house at Cipriani’s on 42nd Street. Streep, presenting the Best Actress award to Emma Thompson for Saving Mr. Banks, left her friend “nauseous with gratitude” with a heart-felt introduction that also took swipes at Walt Disney and the Disney brand. READ FULL STORY
Tag: National Board of Review (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Star Wars Rebels' First Look: Inquisitor in action
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Leprechaun: Origins': First Look at troublemaker
- 'Hannibal' yuks it up: Season 2 blooper reel
- Misha Collins' Scavenger Hunt: No record is safe?
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- 'Reign' cast: Can you ID the 'stealth nerd'?
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived