For years, Hollywood producers have been cannibalizing television shows to come up with concepts for movies. The trend might have looked like it was on its way out after the low-rent megaplex versions of Starsky & Hutch and The Dukes of Hazzard (the latter of which I actually liked), but no, it’s still very much with us, from The A-Team to Dark Shadows to 21 Jump Street (can Doctor Who be far behind?). Reality TV, on the other hand, is a different animal, resistant by nature to being translated to the big screen. It’s not that you can’t do it. As far back as the late ’60s, when Candid Camera was a seminal early example of reality programming, that show spawned a smuttier-than-the-small-screen movie version, the boob-tube-plus-boobs What Do You Say to a Naked Lady? (1970). And given that a great many reality shows exploit our attraction to salacious subject matter, it would have seemed far from totally absurd if they’d come up with, say, a movie version of Jersey Shore, where the hot-tub cavorting didn’t need to be fuzzed out and The Situation could have gotten into some situations too risqué for TV. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Nene Leakes (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'If I Stay' aims to evict 'Turtles' from top spot at box office
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 25 greatest TV spies ever
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- Binge watcher rises to EW's 24-hour Emmy challenge, adds live Twitter commentary
- Nicki Minaj vs. Taylor Swift video showdown: Pick your winner
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- Zen and the art of casting Bill Murray in your movie
- 'Simpsons' writers explain how to survive FXX's 552-episode marathon
- Emmys 2014: Who Will Win...and Who Should