For years, Hollywood producers have been cannibalizing television shows to come up with concepts for movies. The trend might have looked like it was on its way out after the low-rent megaplex versions of Starsky & Hutch and The Dukes of Hazzard (the latter of which I actually liked), but no, it’s still very much with us, from The A-Team to Dark Shadows to 21 Jump Street (can Doctor Who be far behind?). Reality TV, on the other hand, is a different animal, resistant by nature to being translated to the big screen. It’s not that you can’t do it. As far back as the late ’60s, when Candid Camera was a seminal early example of reality programming, that show spawned a smuttier-than-the-small-screen movie version, the boob-tube-plus-boobs What Do You Say to a Naked Lady? (1970). And given that a great many reality shows exploit our attraction to salacious subject matter, it would have seemed far from totally absurd if they’d come up with, say, a movie version of Jersey Shore, where the hot-tub cavorting didn’t need to be fuzzed out and The Situation could have gotten into some situations too risqué for TV. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Nene Leakes (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Into the Woods'/Holiday Movie Preview: See 4 EW collector's covers
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Greensleeves'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' director Paris Barclay talks 'Greensleeves': 'I'm screaming, More pain!'
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- Nina Dobrev's crossover to 'The Originals': 5 new photos
- 'The Flash'; 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Supernatural'; 'Marry Me'; more TV recaps
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Inbar Lavi on Jax-Winsome chemistry and her return