Once upon a time, Newsies was a movie musical starring Christian Bale that flopped at the box office and with critics when it was released by The Walt Disney Company in 1992. Today, Newsies is a lauded Broadway musical smash starring Jeremy Jordan in the role played by Bale in the film, which despite failure inspired a passionate cult of fans who call themselves “Fansies.” No one is more surprised by this turn of events than Bale himself. “These things never make any sense,” the Oscar-winning actor and Hollywood’s current Batman told EW in a recent interview. “I’m incredibly happy for them. They’re having the success our movie never had.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Newsies (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Selma' First Look: David Oyelowo as Martin Luther King
- Emmys: 20 who never won
- Zach on 'Big Brother' eviction: 'I couldn't keep my frootloop dingus mouth shut'
- 'Big Brother': 3 Q's for Julie Chen (plus one about the Ice Bucket Challenge)
- Benedict Cumberbatch embraces (clothing optional) Ice Bucket Challenges
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- 'Mythbusters' reveal Comic-Con costume, show how to make Indiana Jones' bullwhip